xx.

"I could recall, yes

"I could recall, yes."

"Well then- does it-  actually, would you really want to become a human?" she asked him. Granted, it wasn't the first question that came to her mind, but it was the best to avoid any awkward disclosure. Druig, however, noticed the quick change of words, yet he didn't question it.

"I think seven thousand years is enough for one to say he'd want to turn human, don't you think?" Druig replied in a joking manner, stuffing his hands into his pockets. Freya laughed faintly, shaking her head at his answer.

"I mean I guess-"

"Now what was your actual question?"

"What?"

"What's your actual question?" This question got Freya to inhale sharply, trying to phrase it right.

"I just- does it still bother you?"

"Bother me?"

"You know the-"

"Oh that-"

"Yeah, that incident." Freya looked at him, though Druig averted his eyes away from her.

"Not really."

"Not really?"

"No- actually, it still does," he answered truthfully, the mortal blinking before she gave a nod. "Not in a bad way of course-"

"Same here, no need to fuss over it" she assured him hastily, shaking her head frantically. "It's just that- it wouldn't escape my thoughts, and it's made it awkward between us- well, to me at least, and I know I said we wouldn't mention it but I can't help it. It's infuriating," Freya rambled, turning her back to him as she sat back down on the porch. "And embarrassing."

"You could say that again," Druig jokes, unsurely making his way to her side before sitting down as well, the distance between them coming back to greet the two. "Besides, between you and me, I don't want that ruining anything between us."

"You're talking as if there was," Freya mumbled, laughing at her own words in hopes that Druig didn't hear her. Much to her dismay, he did. Druig only gave a pursed-lip smile, shaking his head before looking off at the distance. The stillness in the air came once more before Freya asked impulsively, "would there have been something?"

"Could you repeat that for me? Couldn't quite catch what you were saying."

"Like- in just some hypothetical manner, if it was an actual kiss-"

"Look, Freya," Druig interrupted her briefly. "Being around you has been fun- you're an amazing person, and if I had to be honest, you have started to mean more to me every single day, as much as I hate to admit it." Freya's head turned at his words, staring at him with wide eyes. "And-"

"Say what?"

"I haven't finished my sente-"

"You could've told me all this sooner?"

"Well how was I supposed to figure out how I felt about you anytime sooner? It was all complicated-"

"Point made." Both now went back to their own thoughts, Freya shifting her legs close together as she hugged them, huffing out some air. "Do you think- do you think that we could work out together? Even if one day you'll return to Olympia and I'll still be here-"

"If I do end up going back to Olympia."

"Right, if, if you go back."

"And of course communication, then me being an Eternal-"

"Dude, I see where you're coming from, no need to-"

"But I think we could work if we tried." These words shocked Freya, Druig noticed her look making him quickly add on. "Granted, we'd have to take time, see how things come about-"

"Druig-"

"And we don't want it bothering us too much, I don't know-"

"Druig."

"What?"

"Do you really think we could work?"

"I think so, I know so." There it was, along with his words he gave not one of those sly smiles of his, but rather a gentle one plastered on his face.

"Well then," Freya gave an affirmative nod, turning her gaze to Druig. "If you say so, I think it'll work out too."

There was no other word spoken, just Druig reaching his hand out to Freya, the latter taking it, and the two intertwining their fingers together, enjoying the now comfortable silence between them.

─────────────────

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Apologies for the lackluster writing lately! I'm trying to cram in a lot of studying for a bit due to finals rolling in, with a few revisions to previous chapters as well! Thank you all so much by the way for 12k views, honestly, I'm just shocked by this, and truly grateful for how far we've come in this book! I love each and every one of you so much and words cannot describe how thankful I am for you all, stay safe everyone!

signed, frankie <3