vi.

Freya sat on the lonesome bed, the sun still seeping into the room through the window whilst it sets

Freya sat on the lonesome bed, the sun still seeping into the room through the window whilst it sets. She thought about the excavation team if they went on to look for her after hours and hours of not showing up. But even then she knew they probably won't find her. Freya was, after all, in some unknown area, deep in the forest.

She dug through the bag she carried, it was distressed but it contained her belongings, which was good enough. Her phone did have cracks, but it was still alright. At least a bar, please she thought, switching her phone on. Surprisingly, the service in that specific area was enough to give her two, Freya sighed out of relief as she hurriedly called Stephanie.

"Freya?"

"Steph, Steph thank good-"

"Freya you're breaking up on my end!"

"What?"

"And where have you been? Mr. Alwyn called, and he said you aren't at- - are you - - happened?"

"Steph I can't hear y-"

"We're wo- - safe?"

"I'm okay- Steph listen, I'll try to get home soon just- trust me with th-" The phone call broke off, and all Freya could do was stare at it. She pursed her lips together, trying to stay calm. Seventy- four percent, that's good. Luckily she was way more prepared with trying to keep her phone battery alive, having to bring a portable charger with her. In any case scenario, she'd be able to call anyone if necessary, and if her service allowed her to.

Setting her phone aside, she tried to weigh out all her options, if anything bad did happen. To Freya, she just wanted to get back to the site, she wasn't intending to stay long. She didn't want to stay long. If her body allowed her, she would've left the moment the doctor finished the last stitch. But as the night started to seep in, her escape would've had to wait till the first crack of dawn. All Freya could do now was just to stay alert. "Pepper spray and a blade," she mumbled to herself, looking through the contents of her bag. Papers, a bottle of water, some food she packed, a small tool kit, and the two other mentioned objects. "I'd be alright with those, right?"

"I don't think pepper spray would do much."

"Holy shit, what are you doing there?" she asked Druig, who stood by the door.

"Mind if I came in?"

"No, not really." He made his way into the room, setting down some clothes on an empty chair.

"Just here to bring your clothes in, for you to wear," Druig explained. "I'll be bringing in dinner soon as well."

"Oh wow, not dining together or anything?" said Freya for laughs, though only getting an eye roll from Druig.

"I'd rather not." There was an awkward silence that followed right after. Druig remained far from her, close to the wall where he leaned, Freya on the bed, letting out a small whistle. "So how did you end up here, anyway?" Druig questioned.

"Well I'm an archeologist," Freya began. "I was on my way to an excavation site nearby, and we took a quick break for lunch. The fault's on me for getting off track and straying too far. Then I saw this four-eyed creature, and I'm telling you it was scary. I started running as fast as I could, I fell, and I ended up here... You?"

"I live here."

"Oh, interesting. For how long?"

"Five hundred years."

"Heh, you're being funny."