vii.

"Was it supposed to be funny?"

"Oh damn, you're serious?" She asked him, Druig giving a shrug as if to say wasn't-it-obvious? Freya was at loss for words, and the woman just had so many questions running through her head at this point. "I thought you were joking- so you're immortal? How long have you lived? What are you doing here? Why are you here-"

"Can't disclose any of that," Druig interrupted her, arms now crossed over his chest as he stood straight. "Now bathroom's down the hall if you need a shower-"

"But-"

"Any other questions about me will not be answered."

With that he left the room, Freya sticking out her tongue in his direction. "Any other questions about me will not be answered," she mocked in a high-pitched voice, letting out a huff of air. "I gave much of a summary to him, and yet she only knew his name. Intimidating, he was starting to be a bit intimidating to her. But she wasn't going to complain, she felt as if she was bothering the immortal as well. Each to their own. Freya got up, limped her way to the chair before changing out of her dirty and stressed clothes, into the ones Druig offered her.

❁ཻུ۪۪ ━

Sure enough, it did fit her well, Freya assuming these weren't his for that soul reason. Yet it smells like freshly washed laundry, she loved that. The woman then looked out of the window, watching the people work, converse, and walk around the area, trying to make do with what little information she was given.

"Five hundred years, he's lived here for five hundred years," said Freya to herself, the lights started to flash on around the town. "Does that mean he's lived longer than that? Unless he was born here, would that make sense?" Families were calling out to their children to come back for dinner.

Freya watched as the kids ran back to their houses with a small laugh, seeing some stumbling their way home. A knock on the door caught her attention. Once more she made her way through the room, leaning faintly on the wall for support.

Opening the door, and there Druig stood. Still stoic and expressionless as always, but this time he carried a platter with food, or at least what looked like burnt food. "You tried to cook?"

"It was in a rush." He answered blankly, not impressed with himself either. Freya only tried to hold in her laugh, moving aside to let him through. The man walked in, setting the plate on the bed. He turned to look at her, Freya smiling politely with a nod as to say thank you.

Dead silence between them, not one of even trying to speak. The woman was staring Druig down as if to force something out of the immortal's mouth. "Fine, three questions, both of us get to ask three questions each."

"One - zero Freya," she commented, a smug smile plastered on her face. "I'll go first, who are you exactly? Not just your name, I've already got that, but you- you know what I'm talking about."

"Well, you already know my name."

"Druig, got that. Continue."

"And I'm an Eternal." Freya raised her eyebrow at him, thinking it was all some sort of joke. She expected any hint of sarcasm, but to her surprise there was none.

"Yeah and I'm Captain America."

"Do you want an answer or n-"

"I do, keep talking," Freya ushered him to carry on. Druig only looked at her and pinched the bridge of his nose out of frustration.

He lets out a sigh. "Seven thousand years ago, we were sent by Arishem to protect humanity from Deviants and to help people thrive and advance. We were given powers to do so, like Ajak, our leader, who has the power to heal." Druig looked towards Freya as if to see if she was following along. "Once the mission is finished, we're supposed to go back home to Olympia."

"But you're still here, which means...."

"We haven't gotten the sign to head back just yet," he continued to explain, pacing around the room slowly. "But we've split up, gone our separate ways until it's finally time to head home."

"Oh, oh cool," Freya answered nonchalantly, shrugging her shoulders as she made her way back to the bed, in order to sit down. "Cool backstory, it could be some comic hero's one day."

He rolled his eyes playfully at her, shaking his head in dismay. "What about you? What's your story?"

"Nothing too interesting I suppose," Freya shrugged. "I'm an archeologist- I already said that- but I work for the London Natural History Museum, along with a few friends- well two friends really."

"That sounds lonelier than you're trying to make it seem," Druig jokes, now it was Freya's turn to give him a blank stare.

"Not lonely, just prefer a small group of friends."

"Whatever you say, carry on."

Freya rolled her eyes at him. "My parents didn't necessarily enjoy the idea of me doing all that history stuff for a job, so I moved out, lived with my sister. It's a pretty fun job if you ask me, getting to find stuff and travel a bit- but it kind of slowed down because of the Blip... so I taught at the museum with Sersi."

"Sersi?"

"A friend of mine- that would count as a question by the way."

"No, no it won't."

"Yes, yes it does."