xi.

He spent the rest of the day and the next morning talking to her, and as odd as it felt to Freya she felt as if she was warming up to the immortal's presence

He spent the rest of the day and the next morning talking to her, and as odd as it felt to Freya she felt as if she was warming up to the immortal's presence. It felt like one of those school friendships, intimidated by the other at first before eventually getting to talk to them, before you know it you two are closer than ever.

"Yeah so after that incident I just wanted to quit martial arts. But Steph didn't want to just keep going by herself, so I kept going to lessons with her," said Freya with a laugh, the two sitting in the kitchen, enjoying a small lunch. "She forced me to do everything with her, sports, kickboxing, dance- she was tempted to do ice skating once- not that I'm complaining, it was just annoying having to go everywhere after school."

"Must've been really embarrassing," Druig laughed along, shaking his head as he played with the food.

"I was eleven, and really emotional, you couldn't blame me," sighed the former, rolling her eyes at him.

"Couldn't relate much, since I'm-"

Ring, ring... R I NG

"It's- It's Steph, sorry," she told him, smiling sadly before hurriedly taking the call and turning away from Druig. "Hey-"

"Okay now tell me what's going on- and is your reception better?" Stephanie spoke quickly, just thankful Freya was able to pick up.

"I'm alright, fell off a small cliff- but before you say anything else, I'm fine. I'm recovering in a town nearby. It's pretty calming here- I should be out in a few days or so, depending on my condition."

On the other end of the line, she could hear Stephanie sigh out of relief. "Sersi and I have been pretty concerned- I'm just glad you're doing alright. Give us frequent updates alright?" her sister asked. "And please don't take too long, it's getting boring around here."

"Now you know how I felt during those five years," joked Freya, she heard Druig's faint laugh from afar. "But yeah, I'll be home soon enough."

"You better- my break's ending soon, love you, Freya!" And with that, the call ended. With a loud sigh, Freya's attention turned back to Druig, who was playing with his food.

"Sorry about that, Steph's just concerned," she apologized, though it caused Druig to shake his head.

"Don't apologize for family matters, they're important too."

Freya laughed at his words. She never knew if he was joking around or telling the truth, all she could do is it was meant for the best. "Look at you, all Mr. Sentimental or something... If I'm even using the right words."

"Say all you want, but you'll see that I'm right at some point in your life," he told her, Druig putting his hands up as if to surrender with a laugh. He was laughing more than when we first spoke, but to Freya, it was a nice change, a calming change. When she saw him as a menace two days before, she felt as if she was growing to enjoy his company. At least while recovering she had someone to rely on, to talk to at least for the days she had to stay.

Druig got up, clearing his throat deliberately. "I've got to get going, see how everyone around is doing. You'll be alright here?"

"Don't worry about me, the most I could probably do is just take a nap the whole afternoon."

Freya did take a nap that afternoon, and Druig did have a few things to attend to. He didn't bother her for the hours she slept in, he didn't want to. It was the least he could do for her, if it'll help her heal faster then let it be.

❁ཻུ۪۪ ━

All the more days he spent with Freya, the more the two got to know each other. Immediately, both feel they've found a new friend. Druig talking about his time with the Eternals, Freya talking about anything and everything she could muster up. What started with just simple, "how was your sleep?" turned to conversations that surprisingly didn't bother one another.

It was beginning to feel all the more comfortable in the house. Freya didn't pestered Druig as much as she did with leaving, nor did she mind the occasional visit to the doctor nearby to see if she was in the clear. The Eternal returned the favor unconsciously. Her snarky remarks and chatter were something he'd look forward to. It's only been a week since she came crashing down the hill, but it felt as if he's got to know her for forever.