xxi.

Oh, I still wanna be your favorite boyI wanna be the one that makes your dayThe one you think about as you lie awake

I wanna be the one that makes your day
The one you think about as you lie awake

Simple, that's how one would describe their relationship. Everything seemed to be back to normal between them, for the most part. Confident smiles, playful banters, sarcastic jokes. Both Freya and Druig wanted to try and make the most out of her last few days around the area, trying not to count down the hours that flew by quickly. All they knew was there wasn't a minute to lose, not one second to waste.

Day Seven.
Freya woke up rather late, having some good night rest the night before, odd dreams as always? Yes, but it wasn't something to question about a lot. Making her bed, getting dressed, and after everything seemed to look good and satisfactory to the mortal, she then made her way out of the room. She was more or less used to Druig walking in and out of the house so often, naturally Freya just made her way to the kitchen, grabbing a quick snack for herself before trudging her way out of the house.

The sun was shining rather bright that day, in contrast to the rainy, gloomy day a while back. The fresh scent of the trees was mixed with the smell of a furnace, an occasionally freshly cooked food. Everybody seemed to be busy, out and into stores, walking from corner to corner.

Freya decided to take this day of hers to just briskly stroll around, she wasn't able to appreciate her surroundings too much. Her feet took her around and about, eating her food whilst she walked. It was quite calming, per se, Freya was just consumed in her thoughts as always, not noticing someone close by who cleared their throat.

"Well if it isn't the lovely Freya Hong, we've missed you around here," she heard someone calling out, snapping her attention back down to reality. This caused her to whirl around, finally spotting the person who called for her, Freya scrunching her nose in revulsion upon his words, though only laughing it off. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?" He asked, brushing some of Freya's hair off of her face, the latter mumbling a small thank you whilst she jokingly shooed his hand away.

"Well good morning to you too, Druig."

"Afternoon, actually," Druig corrected, excusing himself briefly from his previous conversation before walking up to Freya. He held back a laugh as he sauntered to her side. "You've slept through the whole morning, breakfast went cold."

"Wow, couldn't tell," the mortal bickered back jokingly, continuing to stroll on by, Druig now accompanying her. The eternal greeted the people they both passed by, quickly after he turned to face Freya once more.

"So, what brings you outside this afternoon?"

Freya shrugged in response. "Just felt like it today, haven't gotten to go around and actually enjoy it you know? Plus I'm leaving in a few days, might as well make the most out of it."

"Point taken," he agreed, hands clasped behind his back. The sounds of chattering, a few people walking around, it really was a busy day. Druig a huff of air jokingly, feigning a distressed look on his face for Freya to see. "Still can't believe you're leaving soon, time flies pretty quickly."

"Coming from some dude who lives forever," Freya added on with a laugh. He couldn't help but laugh along, shaking his head with a smile as he nudged Freya on the shoulder faintly.

"Have you eaten yet?"

"I have a quick snack prepared right here," she answered, showing her treat with a proud smile. "I'll probably get something around here before I head back. Anyways, I'll get going, I promised Steph that I'd call, plus you seem busy with a lot of things."

"Hey, never too busy to have a quick conversation," he spoke, pointing at Freya. "But noted, tell your sister I greet her hello."

"She'll ever be so pleased," Freya added, exaggerating her words which caused Druig to chuckle.

"I'll see you back inside," he then said, giving her a nod. Freya smiled at him, looking forward briefly, the moment lasting long enough for Druig to take a bite out of her snack, walking away briskly right after.

"Just don't be out too late-" Freya only looked at him walk away from their position, wondering why he left so quickly till she looked down at her food, seeing a bite was taken out of it. Her attention turning back to his direction, Druig sauntering backwards to face her, giving a chaste grin.

Dumbfounded, Freya could only let out a sigh. "This man, I swear," she mumbled under her breath, trying to contain her laugh as she rolled her eyes playfully before she continued on her walk. Intimidating, he was a bit intimidating to her. But she wasn't going to complain.