xxii.

Kisses on the foreheads of the loversWrapped in your armsYou've been hiding them inHollowed out pianos left in the dark

Wrapped in your arms
You've been hiding them in
Hollowed out pianos left in the dark

Day Six.
They sat on the living room floor, their dinner situated in front of the two as they were talking the night away, music once more playing softly. Outside the sun started to set, the moon welcoming itself into the sky, the village noises starting to quiet. The most evident sound coming from the unlikely pair, laughing here and there at each other's words. "Wait, so do you have any pictures of the other Eternals? Now that I know Kingo's one of them, there must be a couple I could recognize."

Druig sat in thought for a brief moment, just before he shook his head, drinking some water from his cup. "Couldn't recall if I've got any... Yeah, I've got none."

"Bummer," Freya commented, going on her phone briefly. Druig watched over her shoulder, trying to be discreet about it. "Dude, I could see you."

"Right- sorry."

She lets out a chuckle, shaking her head before showing her phone to the Eternal. "I've figured I haven't shown you my friends yet," she told him, a picture displayed on her phone which caused Druig to widen his eyes. "A party they planned a few days before I left, that's Steph in the middle, and Sersi-"

"That's Sersi?"

"Yes, yes that's Sersi-"

"And Sprite?"

"You're acting as if you've seen them before." Druig only gave Freya a dead stare, as if to point out the obvious. She looked at him, only to let out a loud sigh. "And you're gonna say 'oh my god, that's the same Sersi I know because she and Sprite are also Eternals.'" Freya stated, rolling her eyes as she did air quotation gestures. This caused him to nod as a response. "No wonder why Sersi never ages, I thought it was just some good family genes."

"Well, she and Sprite still look just as they did years ago," he agreed, shrugging his shoulders. "Especially Sprite, get it?" Druig paused to let some comedic effect take place, only to see Freya deadpanning at him.

"You are so slow."

"Well excuse me, I thought many people might be named Sersi nowadays."

Freya blinked at him, he honestly is one of the densest people she's met. "Oh yeah, sure."

"....And who's that beside Sersi?"

"Oh that's just Dane Whitman, Sersi's boyfriend."

Druig fell silent.

"Oh come on don't tell me he's an Eternal too-"

"I thought she was with Ikaris."

"Who the hell is Ikaris?"

"Her husband."

"Her what?!" She turned to see Druig's face, trying to see if he was joking or not. Caught off guard, her eyes widened, baffled. "Druig you did not just say husband."

"I'm being serious!"

"Since when?!"

"How many years has it been since 400 CE?"

"Tell me you're lying."

He rolled his eyes, a flabbergasted face turning serious. "Would I ever lie to you?"

"Good question, great question even," Freya countered.

"Well I wouldn't." He nodded profusely.

"Endearing, charming really."

"So I'm a hundred percent sure I'm not lying."

She only scoffed friskily. "Assuring, really, plus how come I've never heard of this then?"

"Maybe because she didn't want you to know she was immortal."

"Duh, Meeks, of course."

"Who's Meeks-"

"A movie character, look it up. But damn, must've split a while back," Freya commented, as if to queue Druig to reveal more about Sersi and Ikaris.

"Hey don't look at me, last time I saw them was-"

"Five hundred years ago? Called it," Freya confidently spoke, stretching her arms out before taking some more food into her mouth. "I find it so strange how I've come across a few Eternals already, pretty cool I must say."

Druig raised his eyebrow, his usual crafty grin appearing on his face. "Oh really? How come?"

"I just find it interesting to say the least, that I've become well acquainted with long time heroes. Especially..." She tapped her chin in thought, before snapping her fingers briefly. Freya then began to point her finger to Druig, only to quickly switch up and point at Sersi. "Her, she's amazing, don't you think?"

This made the latter chuckle, a hand on his chest as if to look morosed to Freya. "Oh come on, I'm way cooler than Sersi."

"Maybe, maybe not. But you hold a special place in my head," she rebuked, patting Druig on the shoulder with a playful smile. "Just not to beat Sersi on my tier list," she added, in a jokingly manner to her tone.