xix.

Freya flinched, startling herself back whilst Druig backed away as well

Freya flinched, startling herself back whilst Druig backed away as well. "I swear I didn't- it was an accident."

Druig didn't respond, this time he didn't know how to respond. Say something, he opened his mouth but no words came out. Anything. "Uhm- I-"

"Let's just, not mention that."

His snarky remarks wouldn't be helping him now. Druig only nodded. "Yeah- yeah that sounds about right."

They both continued to stare at each other, the stillness in the air with the music dying down surrounding them. Yet he wanted to say something, Freya did too, even if it was an accident. "... Freya I-"

Ring Ring

Her phone started ringing, the two immediately facing the phone. "I'll have to-"

"Take the call-"

"-Take the call, yeah." Druig only motioned for her to take it, seeming it may have been important to her. Freya only gave him an apologetic smile, just as she stood up from the ground and made her way out of the living room with haste. Once she left, Druig lets out a loud sigh, burying his face in his hands.

It was an accident, it didn't mean too much, it shouldn't mean too much.

But it did, to them both. They didn't know how to react to it, that's one thing. Maybe Druig was overthinking it, or Freya was analyzing it too much. Either way, the house was greeted with an awkward silence once more, and needless to say, Freya hated it, Druig hated it, they both didn't enjoy it.

Had I watched my step, maybe we wouldn't have come to this small mishap. That night, both ate their dinners separately, the first one in a while.

❁ཻུ۪۪ ━

The next day wasn't too easy on them either, each just passing by the other in the hallways, only bidding quick good mornings, the long conversations cut short. It was the morning of her third week, to Freya's surprise, time went quickly.

She sat on her usual spot on the porch, waiting for Druig's arrival. As soon as she spotted him, Freya stood up, greeting him with an awkward smile. "Hey."

"Hi," Druig replied, the same amount of uncertainty.

"About the other day-"

"It's fine, Freya," he interrupted her hastily, a hand unconsciously going to her shoulder. As soon as he caught himself, Druig cleared his throat and removed his hand. "It's fine."

"That's good to hear- I guess," she mumbled, rubbing her arm whilst shifting side to side. "I'm leaving- by the way, next week."

"Next week?"

"Yeah- Sersi's got a few things planned, I have to help her out," explained Freya. They fell back into silence, only for her to see him nod.

"Got it, I'll- yeah, I'll take note of that."

"Okay, cool."

"Cool." They continued to stand there, right before Druig began to make his way back into the house.

"Hey Druig," Freya called, out of the blue. This was enough to stop Druig in his tracks. "I just wanted to tell you that-" He turned around, looking at her with expectant eyes. "I just wanted to say thank you."

"Oh-"

"For you know- literally everything. There would've been some chance that I would've kicked the bucket without you."

"No problem, it was an honor to- to be of help," he replied, smiling a faint sad smile before nodding profusely. Druig was about to turn around once more to the house before the mortal spoke a question once more.

"And Druig."

"Yes?"

"You know how you told me to save that last question for later?"