v.

He took it upon himself to patch up her wounds himself, with the help of one of the so-called doctors in his society

He took it upon himself to patch up her wounds himself, with the help of one of the so-called doctors in his society. The natural remedies they had were better than the rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide, as the latter stung more.

"I could do that-"

"Just let us help alright?" Druig spoke, holding up a damp towel, trying to wipe off the dirt and blood from her face.

"I'm perfectly capable of wiping my face, got it?" Immediately, Freya took the towel away from Druig, beginning to clean herself up with one hand as a doctor examined her other. She avoided eye contact with him, staring down at the ground, ever so slightly wiping her face. The doctor got up, walking to Druig's side before the two had inaudible chat.

Druig only nodded knowingly, before turning to Freya, expressionless. "He says you might need a few stitches."

"What?!" She choked on air. "In no way am I going to get any."

"Well you have to, it has to hurt if it has to heal."

"Isn't there any other option?"

He only shook his head. "Only way at the moment." Freya stared him down, wide eyes, speechless. "Don't worry too much, it'll only feel like a few pinches."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

❁ཻུ۪۪ ━

And he was right, it did feel like a few pinches to Freya. Of course with the current situation she was in, it was inevitable that the archaeologist had to stay in the secluded community till she recovered, advised by the doctor and dismayed to Druig. He only hoped she wouldn't talk about his compound to her team once she left. He escorted her to the spare room he had nearby, hands behind his back as he listed down a few rules to her, one being discussed over and over again.

"You're sworn to secrecy."

"Noted."

"And you aren't allowed to tell anyone."

"I'll pretend this never existed."

"Swear?"

"Swear." As she said that one word, he stared at her duly, trying to see if she was lying or not. This caused Freya to take a step back ever so slightly, before Druig nodded and continued to walk, Freya right behind him.

"You'll be staying here till you recover, we'll have some clothes prepared for you. Anything you need, don't be afraid to ask. Any sign of danger, don't hesitate to tell anyone," Druig stopped at the end of the hall, facing Freya, his expression still stoic. "Now, any questions?''

"None that I know of," Freya answered, he only nodded and opened the door.

"Don't get too comfortable, you'll be here only a few days."

"I have no plans on staying too long anyways."