x.

The next day Freya woke up to the rays of light hitting her face

The next day Freya woke up to the rays of light hitting her face. Her phone sat on the bedside table, still alive yet still no service. A full night without contacting them, she was worried for herself. Opening the phone, she noticed the number of missed calls and messages from her loved ones back in London. And Freya knew she just needed any sort of way to get in contact with them, even if it was just for a minute.

Propping herself up out of the bed, she still felt the pain on her body, a bit more bearable this time, fortunately. Maybe that'll be enough to send me back on the road. She debated about it, maybe Druig had some answer that could conclude her stay. Freya made her way out of the room ever so slowly, it was the only way not to hurt herself once more.

The sun seeped through the opened windows, a breeze from the morning air greeting the once empty hallway Freya passed through the other day. It seemed a bit more lively, as much as the girl hated to admit it. Maybe it was the lighting, or the hopeful thought that she'd make it to the site, whatever it was it made the house not so gloomy and dull as it felt when she arrived.

It wasn't much of a long walk to the living room, Freya hoped to see Druig there. But as she stepped into the room, she was greeted with nothing. He wasn't there. Even if it took time for her to make it to the kitchen, the mere mortal couldn't find him. Freya walked back to the living room, slumping on one of the seats as she let out a sigh. It was tiring to haul your body around in its weakened state, felt like sitting in the locker rooms after a long period of physical education.

Seconds turned into minutes, and he still hasn't appeared. The woman thought it was a good idea to go outside and search for him. That was, until, the sound of the door echoed through the house. Freya turned her head, a smile subconsciously plastered on her face.

Druig walked through, carrying a few things with him. He effortlessly made his way to the kitchen, not noticing Freya sitting on the couch. "Well hello to you too."

"I thought you'd have gone already," he told her nonchalantly, Freya scoffing playfully.

"I had a great sleep, thank you for asking. And also, you disappeared for a quick second."

"Had to do a few things."

"Uh- huh, and that is-"

"None of your business."

Freya rolled her eyes at the man. "Whatever major loser," she mumbled, laughing quietly at her own words, before remembering what she was about to say. "Hey so, I'm feeling a bit better now. I guess you could say it's a good time for me to just leave."

She smiled in anticipation for some go signal, but Druig turned to her and had his same expression as always, dull, an eyebrow raised. Freya only knew that she wasn't supposed to leave just yet. "I mean if you don't want to make it to the main road, be my guest."

"Oh come on-"

"And believe me I do not enjoy this any more than you do," he interrupted her, Freya's eyebrows crossed as she looked at him. "But trust me it's the best shot you've got if you're desperate to go."

The two met eye to eye, one's eyebrows crossed, the other a sympathetic expression. "Promise?" asked Freya, Druig nodding firmly.

"Promise," he answered, and he was being serious. "The second the doctors say you're good I'll show you to the main road myself."

"I'm holding you up to that."

"Now come on, I'll try to fix some breakfast." She only laughed at him, shaking her head whilst standing tall.

"Just don't burn the food this time."

❁ཻུ۪۪ ━

Waiting outside on the porch, Freya found out that there was some better phone reception outside. The woman took this upon herself to reach Sersi. She felt hopeful that the latter would pick up, she wished she did.

"Hey, this is Sersi's voicemail-"

"Damn it." She called again.

"Hey, this is Sersi's voicema-"

And again.

"Hey, this is-"

"Your friend must be busy." It was Druig, approaching Freya with a plate of sliced fruits. She turned to look at him, her eyes wide out of shock.

"You've got to stop doing that- and she probably is, Sersi's just some hard worker."

Druig laughed, sitting a small distance away from her. "It's funny, I knew a Sersi once."

It was Freya's turn to laugh, taking a piece of the fruit Druig prepared. "Who knows, maybe she is the Sersi you knew. Possibilities are endless, like look at you, as if you haven't aged a day."

"You and I most likely know two different people," Druig concluded, shaking his head with a sigh. The two looked off to the distance, the faint sounds of chatters only filling in the silence between them. It wasn't like either of the two was complaining about it, it felt oddly comforting.

"Seven thousand years," Freya commented, her shoulders relaxed as she chewed on her food. "It seems lonely, being immortal." She could recall even how five years without Stephanie felt like hell to her. The woman only wondered if the Eternal that sat beside her felt the same sense of isolation. "Of course being with the others would've been fun- but the whole five hundred years here."

"I don't feel too lonely," Druig told her, turning his gaze towards the person beside him. "It doesn't feel... too lonely."

Freya mustered up a smile at him. "Druig seems like he's doubting himself right now," she scooted closer to nudge Druig slightly on the shoulder. "But it's alright, cheer up a bit. No need to always be so stoic."

Druig looked at her smile, really looking at her this time. He's never noticed much about her, he didn't want to pay attention too much for the past few hours. Only now he did, and maybe this time he'd take her words to heart.