𝟏|𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐒

[UNEXPECTED VISITS]

[UNEXPECTED VISITS]

THIRD PERSONS POV~

"HEY CAROLINE" The girl opened her arms widely in a greeting all the while sheepishly glancing down at her still rounded stomach in sadness.

"Oh my god! Mackenzie.. come in!" The blonde stuttered in surprise,pulling her best friend whom she hadn't seen for months in for a hug as she snapped the door closed. "God you must be freezing!" Caroline rubbed at the girls arms in an attempt to warm her up "why are you here?"

"Ah! The dreaded question...can I stay with you for a while?"

It had been months...she didn't know exactly how many as counting would've made the days slower than they already were.

Months since she last saw her sister.

Months since she last saw her brothers or her pack.

Months since she last saw klaus or Elijah

Months since she last visited New Orleans

And months since she gave away her babies.

It hadn't been easy,no..not at all. It had been the hardest few months of Mackenzie's life. Harder than her time at the dreaded orphanage she was dumped at as a mere toddler..

She hadn't conversed with anyone bar Caroline and what she liked to call the 'Save Elena gang' since that night.

No klaus

No Davina

No Hayley

No Rebekah

No Archie

No Alex

And no Elijah

No one..

She guessed that leaving behind her old life in an attempt to forget about the gaping hole that had left itself in her heart meant leaving behind the people whom reminded her of them.

Hayley had helped her when she had pains.

Archie and Alex had been there to feel they're first kicks.

Klaus had joked with her about baby names.

And well,Elijah was theyre father..there was no need to explain that. Just looking into the shallow abyss that was Elijah mikaelsons eyes reminded her of her children,the ones that had been ripped from here a mere few hours after birth.

She knew she was wrong,they all needed her back in New Orleans,Hayley was going through the same thing as her and both Klaus and Elijah were grieving also and her brothers no doubt were saddened by the fact that they hadn't gotten the oppoutunity to even meet their niece and nephew but the only thing that gave her comfort in any way at the moment was Caroline whom had recently lost her mother.

Mackenzie had luckily turned up just in time to convince the girl to not turn her humanity off although they had partied like they hadn't any.

A/N: Stefan and Caroline were never a thing btw ;)

Mackenzie explained everything to her old friend with tears and she had comforted her.

Mystic falls being mystic falls never starves of drama which cleared the girls mind greatly. She really needed a distraction and a psychotic siphon running around town along with a sexy English vampire waltzing around,flirting with Caroline did just the trick.

Kai despite being an evil son of a bitch amused her greatly,his sense of humour was dark...darker than dark,almost as black as his emotions that were practically now non existent.

But she liked him,he was decent. Well,around her that was. He hadn't tried stabbing her yet.

Yet...

"Caroline,where are the crunchie bars?"The blonde swung around in her chair,tapping impatiently at the plush part of the leather sofa.

The Forbes girl waved her hand towards a large wall mounted cabinet in the kitchen and returned to her phone call,muttering something about a certain baby faced siphon.

"Hmmm. Where are the-aha!" She cheered in triumph and pulled the bags seam open with a crackle before reaching through and taking ahold of one single bar.

She chewed merrily on the piece of chocolate,finding bliss in the most boring of times when Caroline entered the room.

"Umm..there's 2 really hot guys asking for you outside Kenz" Caroline smirked,biting at the bottom of her lip in a seductive manner.

Mackenzie gave the blonde a dumbfounded glance before waltzing towards the slightly adjacent door.

She wrapped her hand around the door knob and pulled the door back with slight force at its heavy ness.

As soon as she saw who stood on the other side,her brows dropped and her head hung low in shame.

She shook slightly,not being able to pick up the courage to look them in the eye. It was too much..

"Hello sister-"

"It's time for you to come home"

A/N: don't worry,there will be more scenes in mystic falls,she isn't going home just yet X