One

It seems Emmeline had been getting ready all night. Her cheeks weren't rosey enough, then they were too rosey. Her hair was messy, then it felt to tight. Perfection wasn't enough when it came to confronting the queen and her ferociousness. Her thoughts was interrupted with the screams of her ever so dear family, who couldn't give her a break.

"Daphne! Emmeline!" Her sister yelled, "You must make haste!" She continued.

For a second, her and her maid froze. The scream seemed to echo around Mayfair, perhaps all of London piercing the ears of all who hear. Then, she started laughing a great deal. She turned to her maid and saw her crack a smile.

"That was all too funny Florence, I have to admit." She giggled. "Eloise is a wild one."

"Indeed, ma'am." Florence agreed, "However, your sister is right, you will be late. I assure you, you are beautiful. Now get yourself downstairs!"

She made her way to the stairs where she met her sister who just so happen to come out of her room the same time. They were both wearing beautiful silk white gowns with gold trim. As well as little silver tiaras.

"Flawless, as always." Daphne stated.

"You as well." Emmeline smirked.

They made their way to the carriage with the help carrying their trains. Across the street there were many families on their way to Queen Charlotte's ball. Surely all the debutants from other families felt what Emmeline felt, the horrific stress that consumed her fully. They loaded into the carriage and all Emmeline could think about was what the queen would think. Their Mama smiled as her daughters were to be out at the same time. Society can be harsh, but they had been training for this moment.

Carriages had been clustered outside the castle while guards helped ladies out. Emmeline met her brother in the eye and started, "Anthony, you're here?"

"Of course, I'm here Emme. I wouldn't miss such a important day for you and your sister." He said.

Mama got out of the cart and straightened out her dress, "No, you would just be late for it." She corrected.

Anthony knew where he was, as well as the fact he knew his mom knew where he was. To add on to that, his brothers probably knew too. It was a taboo subject so even mentioning it is quite uncomfortable, but all powerful men had to have their form of release.

"Shall we?" Anthony asked, ignoring his Mama's comment.

Anthony, Emmeline, Daphne, and the Dowager Viscountess locked arms and walked through the gate with the rest of their family following behind. Each debutante was decorated in white dresses that showcased their best features, and coverings what their mama's wished suiters not to see.

All the young girls and their chaperones were shuffled into a room where they were waiting to be called upon. When mama, Daphne, and Emmeline were announced, they made their way elegantly through the doors. The girls elegance and grace seemed to be passed down from their exquisite mama. The crowd had their voices stolen as they departed down the path that ended at the queens mercy. Everyone couldn't help but notice how beautiful they were, they were the Bridgerton's after all. When they reached the queen they showcased the low bow they practiced for months, showing the greatest of respect.

In a occurrence that quite frankly never happens, the queen stood and walked over to the girls. "Flawless, my dears." Queen Charlotte said in her voice which rung out through all the ears. She gave both of them a kiss on the forehead. The group stepped back and gave one last bow.

"Did that really just happen?" Daphne whispered.

"Keep smiling dearest, they are watching you more than ever." Their mother advised.

Emmeline could only think about what this meant for her. She didn't want to be the plot in someone elses story, she wanted to show her resourcefulness and resilience that she learned through her years, which meant more to her than her beauty and charm.

When they walked back behind the doors, Daphne turned to their mama. "What are we to do now?"

"Find you the greatest of matches, my dear." She said doubtfully.