Three

Emmeline, Daphne, and her Mama got let out of their carriage exsposing their sparkly dresses and sparkly tiaras. Of course, they are escorted by Anthony who would probably want to be anywhere else. Perhaps the arms of his mistress, or rather under her legs. At least, that's what the Bridgerton brothers and their Mama think.

As they walked in, they were graced by the presence of beautiful women and handsome men dancing. Mama's boasting about their daughters to suitable men who could not care less about a girls needle work or her proficiency in French, or Latin.

Everyones eyes layed on the group as they finally made their way in. Chitchat broke out about the girls which Emmeline didn't truly mind. One might agree that any publicity is good publicity.

"They're all staring, mother." Anthony stated feeling rather frazzled.

Violet didn't have a favorite child, she loved her children equally, but Daphne and her had a deep connection. She was her first girl, no one can beat a first. She always had something to whisper in Daphne's ear that the others couldn't hear. It seemed the attention she payed to her was special.

"Lady Bridgerton, Miss Bridgerton's. Lord Bridgerton." Lord Ambrose said bowing his head at the each of them.

"I believe you have already been introduced to my daughters, Lord Ambrose." Their Mama said.

"Uh, yes. We met at your brother's levee." He answered.

"If I recall, my lord, you had just won your first race at Newmarket." Daphne added.

"His first and only, I believe." Anthony interjected.

"In that case, let's hope his lordship has found a new horse." Emmeline jested.

Lord Ambrose started to laugh uncomfortably. He could feel their brothers unwelcoming presence. Like many other people in the room.

"I haven't had the pleasure of seeing you at our club lately, Ambrose." Anthony mentioned, "Should it have anything to do with the unpaid balance you left on our betting books winter last?"

With that, he have a slight nod and a bow to the ladies and stepped away. Quite the embarrassment, surely he felt silly.

"Ambrose is a cheat. A man of any honor ensures his depts are fully paid." Anthony said to the women.

"I did not realize..." Daphne said.

"Well, how could you have done? It is the very reason I am here, Sister." He smiled, "How about we all take a turn around the room."

Daphne took interlocked into one of his arms while Emmeline interlocked with the other. As they walked, Emmeline smiled and made small talk with many of the suiters as they walked by, not listening to what her brother had to say.

"Anthony, girls!" Bennedict called out.

"If the only suitible men here are your brothers, we are in a bit of trouble." Anthony sighed.

Daphne looked visibly annoyed. You could tell, by the way her face changed, but I don't blame her. Most debutants want to leave girlhood and become a women and head of house as quick as they can.

"You continue to say 'we'." She stated.

"Did Mother tell you yet? About my tour? I'm to begin in Greece." Colin informed before Anthony could respond.

"Greece? How lucky! You know I've always been fascinated with the Illiad and what not. How I wish I could be able to accompany you!" Emmeline congratulated.

"On guard!" One of their brothers whispered, however, in sort of a loud voice.

"Too late," A older women walking around in a cane said, "I already noticed you."

"Lady Danbury." The Bridgertons said in unison, bowing.

"Oh, the Miss Bridgerton's look rather dashing tonight, might I say. Is there a reason I have yet to say both of you on the dance floor?"

"All in good time, Lady Danbury." Anthony said.

"Poor things." She said to the girls before walking away with her cane.

Emmeline noticed how her brother caught the eye of a particularly beautiful women who she had yet to meet. Colin wasn't the best at love, for he had never noticed the neighbor girls slight crush on him. Emmeline knew this, however, because she always watched how she acted around him. Needless to say, Penelope wasn't good at hiding it either. Although, she wanted her brother to find out for himself.

After leaving her brothers side, she danced with different men and talked to others. Surely to secure at least two offers before the month is over, perhaps the week. Conversing was something that came naturally to her. One could become trusting of her within minutes.

She noticed that there was a large amount of girls swarming a man that was quite tall. His face had a dark, omnivorous look to it like Emme already knew he was somewhat devilish.

She went over to her sister quickly to ask about it. "Do you know who was this?" She asked Daphne while she poured lemonade.

"Who?" Daphne questioned. "Nevermind." As she walked away she saw a plump, ugly older looking gentleman talking to her sister. Then, she noticed her trying to practically run away from him. Daph bumped into the gentleman which everyone was so riled up about.

While she was watching, a voice from behind her spoke, "Would you mind a dance, Miss Bridgerton?" How she wanted to say no, but she couldn't. If she did, she wouldn't be able to dance the whole night. Lord Rightley, someone who proposed to her when she was not yet out, was married now and yet still trying to make moves on her. His pregnant wife was simply watching as he flirted with the younger women.

"You are still a womanizer. Perhaps now more than ever Rightley." Emmeline spoke.

"I wouldn't be such a dog if I had married you, Emme."

"But that's not who you are, we both know that, Christian. However the past cannot be changed, and you and I are what we always were, sparks with no blazing flame."

He smirked at that, "At least you acknowledge the spark."

When the dance ended, Emmeline excused knew she couldn't be seen being that close to a man such as he. "Pardon me, I need to speak with my brother." Emmeline quickly went up and grabbed Anthony's arm while Daphne was holding the other side.

They made their way closer to the door as their Mama stopped them, "Daphne, Lord Weathirby is looking for a dance." Daphne flashed her bright, beautiful smile, "Is he?"

Anthony interjected, "If only it weren't time for us to retire."

"Daphne's anything but weary. I shall stay with her." Their Mama stated.

"That would be lovely." Daphne beamed.

"Daphne, there is nary a gentleman here who has not take your hand." Anthony instructed, "You must think about this. The perfect thing to do right now is not dance, but to leave them wanting more."

"Perhaps he is right. Let us go." Daphne stated.

Emmeline knew the facts of the position within her family, she was younger than Daphne, but still, no one took her seriously. They didn't care about what she could do for the family, they cared about what Daphne could do. They all listened to what Daphne wanted to do. Did she want to stay? Did she want to leave? Does she want to dance more? Does she need a drink? But Emmeline? They can worry about her next year. Yet next year will they be focused more on Eloise or her? What good is being out upon the season if it is not your first?