Nine

Emmeline shared many dances with different Lords. Each one having something fascinating to say. They all used their chance talking with her to tell her of their accomplishments rather than talk of things she cared about. She couldn't imagine even marrying any one of them if it hasn't meant it would come with power.

Finally, she noticed that her sister was always next to the Dukes side, at every function. They even went out to eat together for lord sakes! This, perhaps, was one time she had felt jealous. Her sister had got the big fish while she had merely been courted by smaller ranks. Men started lining up for her too. To her regret, Emmeline began to fade away.

Suddenly, the mood in the room changed. The queen had arrived. Her handsome nephew and the other approachable one on each side of her arm. They each talked to different women, but the Prince William had been staring at her for a while. She didn't think he was looking at her in a pleasant way. Emmeline believed  that just because he is a Prince, it doesn't let him do whatever he wanted, contrary to what most seemed to believe.

She walked next to Daphne as the queen approached. Her bright yellow dress glistened; most notably her hair was the boldest statement. Their conversation was so select and private, she could not hear. This years season had definitely changed their relationship.

Miss Cowpar stopped the group to talk to the Prussian Prince. She most definitely had been read too many books. She had tried to seduce him maybe, marry him right on the spot!

Finally, when the Serene Highnesses came to the Bridgerton girls, they were formerly introduced.

"Prince Frederick, Prince William, these are the young ladies I was telling you about." The queen said. They grabbed their hands and gave them a kiss.

Emmeline noticed that Prince William had taken a surtain interest in her. Weather it was good or bad is unknown.

While Prince Frederick was talking to Daphne, she stayed silent with William. He was quiet and possibly a bit reserved.

"How do you like being back in London so far?" She questioned.

"It's fine." He said quickly.

She was starstruck. It was common knowledge that you should respect people if you want to be respected. Obviously, the nicer prince was interested in Daphne.

"Perhaps you would like a dance?" She asked.

He nodded his head. They went onto the dance floor and it was quite awkward. Maybe to others it appeared as of they might have been interested in each other.

To start conversation, she started talking about his travels, "I hear you have visited places very far and amazingly beautiful."

"They are," He stated, "I much rather a lot of them over England." This set Emma off. She loved England and in a partner they would have to have the desire to actually live there.

"I mean no offense in this, but what are you doing here? It is obviously clear that upu would rather not be dancing with me and you have no desire to be in London. Why not continue fighting with the army or seeing the world?" Emma said as they danced around the room.

He looked at her curiosity. Her comment wasn't the nicest, but he ignored it which caught Emme off guard even more. She was interested in him more, even if it wasn't for the right reasons.

"One would think, a girl on the marriage market would love to dance with a prince. For a opportunity so great doesn't come to many." He eyed her as they swayed in their dance.

"There are many girls here. Many to choose from that could faint into your arms." Emme looked away, not meeting his eye. "Of course, I am a women who does those kinds of things if it meant I could score someone of value, but I also value my own standards over a title." She corrected herself. "I would faint on the spot if it meant I could have someone I loved."

"So you value love in your life." The prince smilled. "That is rare, however, an admirable quality."

"It's how I was raised, and I would do anything for love. I'm sure that means nothing to you. For I feel as I hardly know a man, besides maybe my brothers, who would fight for love the way I feel I should. You, of all people, would unlikely to."

William looked at her annoying, "You hurt my feelings, Miss Bridgerton." He jested. "How can you make such a presumption opinion right after meeting me?"

"I suppose I can just read you well."

The dance finished and she bowed her head to him, then she practically ran away after realizing she actually slighted a prince. It didn't matter though, she had to focus on people who were more on her level.