Thirty

A few weeks later, the couple had returned from their honeymoon to enjoy the last weeks of the London season. Her family received her and her husband happily.

The Hastings ball was very close and this would he the first one they would be attending since marrying. She knew that many people would crowd around her and ask far too many questions.

Emme sat in her family drawing room while William was off setting up their London house. She missed being able to sit with her family.

"Brother, might I be able to join in on the fun this summer at Aubrey Hall?" Hyacinth asked Anthony as she played a game with Gregory. Anthony stared blankly at one of Whistledowns sheets without responding. "Brother!"

"Provided you stay clear of my lucky mallet, I think it a fine time." Anthony finally responded and Hyacinth lefted the room with joy.

"Does anyone know when dear Francesca will be back?" Emme asked. Her sister had been away for what felt like forever. She would be returning to a entirely different household.

"Soon, I think." Anthony replied.

Then, Eloise left the room with a bit of a hurry after a talk with Benedict. Emmeline turned her head to Benedict who looked back at her like he hadn't a clue.

Their Mama came through the door with a letter in her hand. Her expression was for sure very happy. Everyone looked at her wondering what she had to say.

"Francesca will be arriving home tomorrow." The Vicountess told.

"Perhaps she can tell us of the time spent far from London." Colin said anti-enthusiastically.

"Fran has missed so much."

"Indeed, it certainly has been an eventful season, what with Daphne and the duke, Emme and the prince." Violet said fanning herself with the letter.

Later in the day, Emma went to visit her new villa which was somewhat secluded, but still in london. The architecture was beautiful and it was everything she ever wanted in a London home.