Twenty Eight

Before the sun rose, Emme was already on the way to the castle. Her carrige dropped her off around five in the morning. She was guided to a room where she could be dressed and prepared for the wedding that was to start in four hours.

Maids worked relentlessly on getting her ready in time. Her hair was washed by them to insure it was silky and smooth. They tied her hair up perfectly tight and just as beautiful when it was dry. After, they made sure her face was flawless and blemish free. She hadn't even realized, but some of the best designers and artists were attending to her. Finally, her dress was slid onto her. She hadn't seen it since the last visit to the palace, right when the news broke about Marinas pregnancy. It was a silver color and the crystals shimmered in every light she walked under. Many people might say she was the most beautiful bride to walk down the isle. Florence was there too. She knew at least one person and they had known each other for a while so their relationship really helped her stay calm.

"Everything will work out perfect." She said slipping the gloves onto her arms.

"I hope it does. This is the wedding of the season. The match people couldn't stop talking about. I just want it to be what everyone was expecting." Emma said looking at her ring finger that was soon to hold a finger.

"You have already come so far, just relax." Florence advised. Emme trusted her so she listened.

"Perhaps you are right. I'm so glad we will be starting thid new chapter of my life together,"

Her whole life was about to change. From untitled to a royal duchess. Emmeline had learned about what it was to be a duchess and to be caring for your own duchy from her mother. Although, how can you trust the words of someone who has never been a duchess.

"Miss Bridgerton, it's time." A servant said bring her to her brother outside the doors of the palace church.

"You look stunning, sister." Anthony complimented, which was rare.

The music started playing and he pushed through the doors of the room with her on his arm. A sparkling tiara say on top of her head that caught the attention of many. Most members of the royal family were there, as well as many of the Bridgerton's. Emme met the eyes of William and they smiled at each other. It was a moment of surrealism, not just one they turned into a joke.