Eleven

Daphne played the piano in the drawing room as sunlight hit her body. Her twin sisters, Emmeline and Eliose, sat on the couch each reading a book.

"Have you to play all day, sister?" Emme asked her sister. "Today is very important and I would hope we would not be late."

"Very well then, I hadn't a regard for the time." Daphne stood up walking to her room.

Eliose ignored the two's talk, but continued reading. Emmeline couldn't help but chatter off to her sister even if she didn't listen. People would call her talk pestering and annoying, but she couldn't just keep it in.

"See, this is why I say get ready and then relax. I am ready right now, as well as I have time to change if need be. As I was saying though, I just have time to relax and read a book while I wait, unlike Daphne." Emmeline said as her twin nodded without taking in anything she had said. "You know, you'll have to do this one day. I know you'll hate it, but I think there's things you'll find small pleasures in like having more to write about perhaps."

"That does not even entice me a small bit." Eloise closed her book leaving the room.

Within the next hour and a half, Daphne was ready and the sisters and their Mama were in their carrige, while the rest of the family got into another one.

The room they entered was filled with art and noble people which means lots of small talk and large egos. Emmeline walked around the room viewing each painting. Someone stepped next to her as she was looking at a portrait of a women who seemed to be crying.

"Your Highness." She bowed her head at him.

"How I love when pretty women call me that." Emme looked at him strangely. "You are a pretty girl, Emmeline. I thought someone like you would see that." Emma tried to speak, but was cut off. "Well, that's how I see you, I guess maybe not everyone."

"You realize the last part wasn't necessary? Why compliment me, but end with some slide thing?" She questioned, confused about his small rant.

"Well, I wasn't trying to."

"Well you did. Besides that point, how did you get away from the witches and their daughters?" Emmeline wondered. He came over here without an entourage following.

"Well, I have a brother for the women to enchant themselves with after all. I think you have a bit more to offer me in your company I believe." He said at the wide-eyed girl.

"How so?" She asked again. It seemed all she could say was questions.

"I suppose, you say your own opinion. Many people would be to scared to do that."

"Everyone should be able to speak how they feel, even if it's to a prince. Perhaps some could say I shouldn't speak about so freely, but that does not stop me." She looked straight at the painting while the prince looked at her.

"Then tell me all the things the other ladies dare not to say." He laughed, again not having to say the last part. He looked at her for a bit. "Another painting?"

"I guess so, your highness." Emma said as she followed him to another painting of a pond. People started to whisper and looked over at her in a mixed of shock, appeasement and disappointment that he was seemingly courting another.