Twenty Two

Dear, Emma

I am so happy you are to be wed to the prince. I am positively sure that you are to be a wonderful princess. I cannot wait for your wedding. I will be there, as well as my husband. The palace is astounding as well, but I'm sure yours will surprise you even more.

From your dear sister,
Daphne

Emme was very happy to hear of her sister and of her husband, who might have just made amends. For now, all the people in London were more focused on Emmeline and the Prince.

The noble families stood around in the gardens as they were waited on Emme, Eloise and Hyacinth and stood around their mothers sides.

"I wonder what Daphne is doing at this very moment." Hyacinth wondered. If only she knew.

"I am sure she has many new duties to attend to as duchess," Their Mama said, then she turned towards Eloise, "things you should be learnig about for your debut."

"Making simpering conversation and pretending not to wince every time a man treads on my toes during a waltz?" Eloise retorted.

"That doesn't happen very much you should know. The only bad part in awkward conversations." Emme stated.

Hyacinth ran off to play with her brother. Most people would reprimand her for such actions, but in their family it's condoned.

"I'll only make a fool of myself." Eloise said. She was nervous, like most girls.

"Perhaps if you devoted as much time to your deportment lessons as you did to write in your journal, you might feel rather better." Their Mama instructed and Eloise nodded. "And on that subject, in preparation for your season, it is time you lowered yout skirts to wear at home."

"Oh, I thought I would have hated that! Turns out I love long dresses." Emme smiled.

"I have no time for a visit to the modiste. I am busy." Eloise remined the group. "The queen herself has charged me with discovering Whistledown's identity. You would not have me cross her Majesty, would you?"

"The Queen has also charged me with not being able to plan my own wedding in any regard." Emme rolled her eyes. The wedding was only two weeks away and her dress was half way done.

Colin hit a glass with a utensil causing everyone to look up at him and the women next to him, Marina. That girl was basically the diamond of the season with the amount of people who were courting her.

"I would like to make a small but important announcement. I have happy news to impart. I have asked Miss Marina Thompson to be my wife, and she accepted." Colin announced. Everyone in the family looked at each other confused. They had no idea of their romance. Nonetheless, everyone did clap for them.

"Did you know about this?" Anthony asked with a not so happy expression going up to Lady Bridgerton.

"People are looking, dear. Let's congratulate the happy couple." She said taking all her children with her.