Thirty One

William and Emme made jokes while sitting on the couch waiting for Fran to arrive. The whole family, besides Daphne and Simon, were there. When she arrived in the drawing room, everyone went over to her to hug her.

"Oh, how I missed you! Speaking of missing things, you have not met my husband." Emme hugged her then gestured to William. "Francesca, this is William."

She gave him a bow before greeting him, "An honor to be able to call you family."

"As you said we are family now, so no need to bow." William said quickly.

She smiled at him. Then, Daphne came into the room which Francesca ran to give her a hug.

"Sister!" Francesca exclaimed. "It is so wonderful to see you. And you, your Grace." She dipped her head. "I thought four brothers enough, but returning to six is quite nice."

Hyacinth skipped up to the duke which everyone assumed she would be doing her usual pestering. "Simon! When will I be able to visit Clyvedon?"

"Allow the duke to find a seat before you trouble him." Lady Bridgerton called out to her youngest daughter.

"You are welcome to visit at any time." Simon said as Hyacinth dragged him to sit on the couch. She took the hand of William as well and brought him over.

Daphn and Emmeline wanted to know all about what Fran was learning in Bath. "Now, come. Show me what you've been learning all summer." Daphne said putting her on the piano.

"That piano forte is quiet beautiful!" Daphne admired.

"Join me, brother!" Emme called out to Colin.

"If I must." He said walking over to the piano.

They sat around and sang. The younger kids started to dance along to the music as Anthony clapped for them. Penelope Featherington was walked into the room by a servant. Her bright dress could blind a hawk. Perhaps it was time she didn't wear all the fashions her mother came up with. Just then, Eloise ran over to her and took her to another room.

"I would think Penelope such a fine lady if she was not a Featherington." Emmeline whispered to Daphne. "I think we all know of her liking for Colin."

"I have no clue of such thing." Daphne said back confused.

"Just observe them speaking at some point and you'll see that she does deeply admire him. Although, I would hate for that poor girls heart to break again because I'm not sure Colin will ever feel the same. Surly she was upset about our brother and Mirina." Emma said quietly before putting her attentions back on the music.

At the end of Colin's musical number, everyone clapped. The family and their new additions were all very happy. A cohesive family that enjoys being together is enough to bring a smile to anyones face.