Family Dinner

Hopes P.O.V

"Another coffee?" Marcel offered.
I shook my head, and he looked surprised.
"Please, there is only so much caffeine a girl can take," I told him.
He chuckled,
"I thought you had to maintain a consistent level?" He asked.
"I do. But I think I have certainly maintained a consistent level within the past few hours." I laughed.
He looked at his watch,
"Oh dear, I completely lost track of time. I have to go, sorry. I'll see you around." he said quickly standing up.
"No problem, see you around. Thanks for the coffee." I replied. He flashed me another dazzling smile and left.
I sighed and then looked at the clock and was surprised when I seen it was 10am. I had been here for a while.
I looked out of the window and seen a familiar face, Davina. She was speaking to a young man who had curly-ish brown hair and quite an athletic build. I smiled to myself, lets go say hi, I thought.
I left the café and walked over the road towards Davina and the guy.
"Hey Davina." I smiled.
She looked surprised when she seen me
"Hope! Hi!" She replied.
I looked at the guy and he was looking at me with bright eyes and it looked like he was fighting back a smile. There was something about him... something that was very familiar.
He was smiling,
"Hi, I'm Kaleb." he introduced himself with a British accent.
"Hope." I smiled.
There was something very familiar about him, it was like I knew him..
I added it to my mysteries to solve list.
"Well, I'll see you around Kaleb, I need to speak to Hope a minute." Davina said.
Kaleb smirked and my eyes widened slightly. That smirk! It was... I shook off the weird feeling that I got, ignoring my senses. I'm just being ridiculous.
"Okay. I can take a hint. I'll see you around Davina Claire. See you around hope." Kaleb said and left.
I narrowed my eyes at him, there was definitely something..
"Hope... what is going on with you and the originals?" Davina asked me in panic.
"What are you talking about?" I asked.
"The other day.. I told you my whole life story! Why did I do that?! And then Elijah came! How do you know Elijah?!" She asked me a million questions.
"I just know the original family okay? And you spilled your life story to me, so you answer that question. Why did you spill your whole life story to me?" I argued.
"How do you know the originals though?!" She asked confused.
"I can't tell you!" I screeched annoyed.
She frowned,
"Why not?"
"If I tell you the truth you don't have to believe it." I muttered and started walking away.
"Why?! What are you not telling me?! What are you so afraid of?!" She yelled.
I spun around, angry,
"I have only just found out about myself Davina. And, if I share all of the information about myself, that will be dangerous. Dangerous for me. And I am just looking out for myself, I will always look out for myself. You think that the truth is some big shiny disco ball of purity? It's not! The truth will make things one hundred times worse. I'm just better off lying, because that is the safest way for me! So I do not have to share any information with you, I am not going to put myself in that kind of danger!" I yelled at her.
She looked taken back,
"H-how will it put you in danger?" She asked confused.
"Davina, I'm just looking out for myself. I'm doing what I need to survive." I told her calmly.
She took a breath,
"I'm sorry for asking so many questions. I'm trying to look out for myself too. The originals... have caused some harm, and I was worried that you would do the same because you know them."
"I suppose I understand. But I am not a threat. I just can't tell you the truth about myself. But I can assure you I am not a threat." I told her with a smile.
She smiled back at me and held her hand out,
"Friends?" She asked.
I shook it,
"Friends." I agreed smiling.

I decided to go home after that. I walked into the kitchen and seen everybody sitting in there.
"Hey." I greeted everyone, opening the fridge and grabbing an apple.
"Hi.. are you okay?" Bekah asked me.
I thought about it,
"I'm not okay with any of this. But I'm not going to cry about any of it either." I replied.
Everybody looked a bit happier and more relieved.
My mom took hold of my hand,
"Come with me. I want you to meet someone." she said.
"Who?" I asked.
"A werewolf." she responded.
"Is it that Oliver guy?" I asked.
She went silent,
"No... he- he's dead now..." she replied.
My eyes widened,
"Oh.. I'm sorry.." I mumbled.
She smiled,
"Don't worry. Come on, his name is Jackson." she said.
"Okay, bye everyone!" I said, turning around.
My dad was narrowing his eyes, Elijah looked sad and Bekah was just smiling and waving at me.
I wondered why Elijah looked sad...