Is there such a thing?

Hopes P.O.V

"No, no, please Lexi, you can't be dead, please, open your eyes!" I cried, tears streaming down my face.

My whole body felt numb in pain, I know I hadn't known Lexi that long, but we got along so well, and now she's gone...

I just stared at her lifeless corpse, I felt really guilty, like it was all my fault. She shouldn't have been dragged into this mess, I shouldn't have let it happen, I should have saved her. The tears kept running down my face like a waterfall for what seemed like forever.

I slowly lifted my head up to face Mikael, who had an evil grin on his face.

"Why?" I croaked quietly, I could barely even speak.

"Well, I want to torture your father, and to do that I need to torture you, so to torture you... I killed your friend here," Mikael explained grinning.

Right then I just wanted to rip his ugly little head off. It was like a million emotions in my head, I was so angry, so sad, so guilty knowing that if i had never met her she would still be alive...

"You really are a..." I trailed off.

"A what?" Mikael smirked.

"A monster," I muttered weakly, I hated feeling so weak and helpless!

I received another painful slap across my cheek, but I didn't even care, I just kept staring at Lexis lifeless body.

My dad let out a growl of anger when Mikael slapped me, he kept rattling the chains trying to free himself.

"Glad to see you've joined us," Mikael suddenly said after a while. Who's he speaking to?

I turned my head in the direction that he was looking and my eyes widened in surprise.

I didn't expect them to come here, it was Bekah and Elijah, please don't let them get hurt too, I kept saying over and over again in my head.

"Oh my God! Hope! Are you alright?!" Rebekah cried out frantically and was about to run towards me however stopped dead in her tracks when Mikael put his hands around my neck.

"Move any closer and I'll snap her neck," Mikael threatened.

Bekah gulped and took a step back beside Elijah.

"Father please..." Elijah began but Mikael cut him off.

"Don't you father me, I am disgusted to call any of you my children, you are all an abomination," he spat.

Ouch, that was harsh.

"An abomination? Your the psychopath here," I argued. He turned his head to look at me again, he looked outraged. Uh-Oh, I really need to learn to keep my mouth shut, but I know I'm going to die today anyway, unless somebody comes and saves the day.

"Hope." Bekah warned but I think she might have been a tad too late.

"You shouldn't have backchatted me, you could have saved yourself a lot of torture," Mikael hissed.

To be honest I didnt really care, there was a 5% chance that I would come out of here alive, I just wish he would kill me already, this is all, so much to handle. Watching a really good friend of mine that I only known a short while get killed right before my eyes is not an experience I enjoyed, he had already done so damage that I don't think a little more torture would harm me. Just as long as he doesn't kill anybody else I care about...

"Just kill me already," I groaned and Mikael laughed a devilish laugh,

"Where's the fun in that?".