You can take your mask off now

Hopes P.O.V

I slowly pried my eyes open, looking at my surroundings. I was sitting in a car, I looked to my side, where Damon had his hands on the wheel, eyes glued to the road.

"Ah. She finally awakes," he said without even looking at me.

Awakes? I must have fell asleep.

" How long have i been asleep ? " I asked confused.

" about half an hour, not too long, I gave you my blood to make you heal," Damon explained.

Huh? His blood? Heal? Heal from what? Then suddenly, I remembered everything. The vampire bar, the ginger haired man that tried to eat me, and then... Elijah!

"Oh my God," I mumbled to myself.

"Elijah?" I asked damon,full of hope.

Damon sighed, "He had to go, but he said you'll be leaving Mystic Falls soon,"

Oh.

"Back to living with Bekah then, the one that tries to compel me to forget everything," I said angrily.

Damon sighed, "Sorry, there's nothing I can do about that,"

"Why did he go? Why didn't he want to stay with me?" I asked, tears threatening to spill.

"Remember your dad told you that New Orleans was too dangerous for you, they're protecting you," he explained.

"I DON'T NEED PROTECTING! I CAN PROTECT MYSELF!" I yelled.

I sighed sadly, resting my head against the window,

"I just want a normal life, living with my family," I whispered a tear rolling down my cheek.

"I know you do," damon said sympathetically.

The rest of the car journey was silent, and soon I seen the big 'welcome to Mystic Falls' sign. I decided that I needed to stay strong, ignore how hurt and upset I was inside and just act as if I'm okay.

"Whats the time, Mr Wolf?" I asked Damon.

"6 o'clock," he replied ignoring his new name.

I got my phone out of my back pocket and text Stefan,

Just arrived in Mystic Falls, is everything ready?

Moments later, Stefan replied..

No! Distract him for 10 minutes.

Kay, I'll try.

Okay, here goes nothing..

" I need the bathroom," I announced.

"Can't you wait for a little while longer?" Damon asked.

"Nope! I need it now..." I whined.

I then seen that we were about to pass the grill,

"Ooh, look! It's the grill! I'm very sure that they have toilets in there!" I said, trying to be subtle.

He raised his eyebrow suspiciously, nonetheless he pulled over into the grill. SUCCESS! I mentally fist pumped the air.

I walked in and seen Matt wiping down a table,

"Oh hey Matt. You're working today?" I greeted him. I thought he would be going to Damon's party.

"Yeah, I finish my shift in about 5 minutes," he told me.