Understanding and Obedience

🌟 Scriptures 🌟

John 6:26

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, you want to be with me because I fed you, not because you understood the miraculous signs.

Mark 7:36-37

36 Jesus commanded them not to tell anyone. But the more he did so, the more they kept talking about it. 37 People were overwhelmed with amazement. "He has done everything well," they said. "He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak."

🗣️The Message📜

I always wondered why when Jesus told the people not to tell anyone about His miracles, they did it anyway. I thought that maybe Jesus wanted them to tell others, but that didn't make sense because Jesus is the truth, He's not going to tell someone to do something and not expect them to do it. That's not in our Lord's character. Then I remembered the verse when Jesus said to the people following him, that they were only with Him because He was feeding them not because they understood the significance of the miracles. At that moment I realized that the people who followed Him didn't really know who He was. They were too focused on what they could gain from Jesus to see the main reason for Him being there at all. Of course, they didn't listen to Him they didn't know they were getting a direct message from the King of the universe. Why not tell everyone that there is a man who can heal diseases and cast out demons? Everyone should know about this man and be healed. No one cared that Jesus (even though He was God in the flesh) was one man and they were overwhelming him every day. He came to bring life through His Word, but most of the people just wanted Him to do miracles. Now I understand why Jesus got angry at the Pharisees when they asked for a sign. When The Son of Man went to the samaritan village He didn't do one miracle, He just spoke His Word and they all believed and knew who He was. But when Jesus went to His own people they kept asking for signs and miracles and even with that they still didn't believe or know Him. They didn't believe or care what He said but they just wanted to use Him. I wonder if Jesus asked them not to tell others about His miracles to test them? Sadly, today the same thing is going on people come into the faith and they don't want to read their Bibles or listen to their preachers, all they want is for God to do miracles for them then leave them alone. They want money, they want to be healed, they want a better situation, but they don't want to spend time with God, they don't want to hear about Him, they don't want to serve Him, all they want to do is see what they can get from the Father. They don't trust God enough to listen to Him, they just want God to bless them and let them live their own lives. Jesus has said In the Word that The earth will pass away but only His Word will stand. It's amazing that so many Christians overlook this and spend all their time pursuing this World that's passing away instead of Jesus, The Word who will always be and will never fade away. The Lord has said if you ask you shall receive but what are you asking for? Why? So as you go through your day, evaluate what you're asking God for and why? Are you seeking God only for things He can do for you or to learn more about Him, to grow stronger in Him, and to fulfill your kingdom mission? Also, pray that those who aren't living for God will wake up. In Jesus' Name Amen.