Water

🌟 Scriptures🌟 

Genesis  1:2   

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Hebrews 10:22

22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Isaiah 12:3

With joy you will draw water
from the wells of salvation.

🗣️The Message📜

 When God made humans He didn't make them apart from this world or apart from Him. He made man from the dust of the earth and He Himself breathed into His nostrils the breath of life. Even so, many people don't care about this earth or about God. God didn't make anything apart from Him on this earth, it feels like all creation cries out that God is living, but still no one sees. I remember a few days ago I was walking by the lake and as I looked at the sun hitting the water The Holy Spirit inside of me seemed to alight, but I didn't know why? Why did I feel such peace, holy peace as I looked at this lake? A peace that made me want to praise and worship God? Then I remembered all the way in Genesis chapter 1 verse 2 it said, "2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." In the beginning, The Holy Spirit was hovering over the waters! What? Then it started to make sense. God is One, God is also light, so when I saw the light hitting the waters it seemed to edify the beginning. Looking over the ocean is like looking at the beginning of creation. God made light and separated it from the darkness, then He divided the heavens waters from the earth's waters and that's how we got the sky. 

           Even so, I wondered why in the beginning when everything was formless why water seemed to be one of the first things presented without God saying "let there be". This made me curious about how important water was in the Bible and to my surprise, it was mentioned 772 times in the Bible! The Bible talks about water in repentance in Hebrews 10:22, it talks about drawing water with joy from the well of salvation in Isaiah 12:3, it even says in Isaiah 44:3,

"3 For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants."

Jesus wasn't even exempt from talking about water, in John 4:10 He talks to the Samaritan woman about living water! Also, we can't forget about baptism, when Jesus came up from His baptism God spoke and The Holy Spirit descended like a dove! 

Then if we go back to the old testament we can see that in Moses' time God commanded Moses to turn the Nile water into blood, then in the New Testament Jesus turned water into wine, then in Revelation, an angel poured his bowl onto the water and it turned into blood and everything in it died just as it did in Moses time.

God didn't make us apart from Him or this world He gives life,  He is infinite, He is mysterious, He is unknown, and He is with us and in all things Just as the water is.

So today as you breathe and as you look at all of God's creation don't forget God, don't forget that He loves you and this earth, don't forget that Just as water is in everything His fingerprint is on all things.