Trust Me

🌟 Scriptures 🌟

John 8:19

19 Then they asked him, "Where is your father?"

"You do not know me or my Father," Jesus replied. "If you knew me, you would know my Father also."

John 8:42

42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me.

Jeremiah 31:34

No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, 'Know the Lord,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,"
declares the Lord.
"For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."

🗣️The Message📜

The first and most important thing that God calls us to do is believe. Before we serve, before we evangelize God requires us to believe in Him, not just in what He can do, but in who He is. In the old testament, when they speak about the coming of Jesus they talk about how people would know God (Jeremiah 31:34), not by ear but in their hearts. Time and time again in Scripture God calls His people to know Him and trust Him. Why well because He loves us and wants a relationship with us, but He also wants to protect and strengthen us in our faith.  It's like He's speaking and saying if you knew Me you wouldn't doubt, if you knew Me, you wouldn't worry if you knew Me you would obey me. God told Abraham to sacrifice his son to Him, this should have been very distressing to him because he was a very old man and this was his only child, but He remembered who God was, a promise keeper. Noah knew God and because he knew God when danger came and God gave a command he listened and obeyed because he recognized who God was love. David went through years of living on the run before he became king, he could have written God off and wallowed in his pain, but He didn't forget the words spoken over Him that he was a king and he remembered who God was, faithful. Joseph was rejected by his brothers and thrown in jail for years because he was falsely accused of assault, he could have turned his back on God, but he never forgot who God was, his helper. Then the greatest example Job, he went through brutal pain and suffered many things without knowing why, but he again did not forget who God was, good. God wants us to trust him when we don't understand, when things don't make sense and when we can't see a way through because of who He is, who He showed us He is through scripture, through our lives. He has shown us time and time again that He is God and He doesn't change, He is a God of patience, He is a God of Justice, and He is love. In the new testament, Jesus says repeatedly that the people didn't hear Him or know Him because they didn't truly know The Father. God wants us to know Him so we can follow Him, God wants us to know Him so we can be safe, and God wants us to know Him so we can truly love Him(John 8:42) Today we should have a greater awareness of who God is because He lives within us. He has written His Word on our hearts and we can go into the throne room whenever we want and commune with the Father. Since we know Him we should trust His word and direction. Lord when unrighteous desires fill us and we are blinded by sin, fear, anxiety, anger, or frustration, help us to remember who You are and to follow Your light that leads to life. Help us to know You even more and grow closer to You so we can be more Like Jesus and less like this world In Jesus' Name Amen.