Seek First The Kingdom of God

🌟 Scriptures 🌟

Matthew 10:37

"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

Luke 10:27

"He answered, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'[a]; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself."

Isaiah 45:15

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!

🗣️The Message📜

The Bible says that we should "Love the Lord our God with all our hearts and with all our souls and with all our strength and with all our mind' (Luke 10:27). Many can say this but they have a lot of trouble carrying it out. Why? Well, we were born into a world that teaches us to put our family first, they are the blood of our blood and the flesh of our flesh. We even use the phrase that blood is thicker than water. Our parents birthed us, our family takes care of us, we know them, we've known them all of our lives, and they are always there. I had this mentality and was challenged as I know others were challenged when they heard Matthew 10:37, "Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." We want to be worthy of the cross, we want to be worthy enough to follow Christ, but being worthy isn't an easy task it requires pain, it requires a breaking, it requires a change of thinking. The Bible even commands us to renew our minds. It's hard to go from loving our parents first and loving our children first to loving God first. How can it be done? Well, we must first be reminded who God is, Love. God isn't going to tell you to do anything that will hurt you everything He says is for your good. God is and will always be there for you when your parent, spouse, sibling, or child dies, when your spouse leaves, when you feel like a parent doesn't love you anymore, when you feel like any family member doesn't love you, when you're in pain, God, your Father is there and has always been there. He was there when you were born He created you in your mother's womb, He watched you grow and protected you and He patiently waited for the day when you would know and love Him. When we love God it protects us, it shields us, it strengthens us. If someone hurts you, may it be a friend or a family member if you put God first in your heart and love Him first you won't fall because you've placed God above all things, not those people? It will hurt but it won't destroy you, you will still have the passion to live and to do the work of the Lord because God is your God, not any person and He is perfect He will never leave you or forsake you. He will never fail you, you can trust Him with your heart, with your love. The Bible says, "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! (Isaiah 49:15) When everyone else leaves God is there and will always be there. Our mothers birthed us through their flesh and we lived in the flesh, but when we encounter Christ we were born again in the Spirit, and because of that, we began to walk in The Spirit. God is not just worthy of our praise He is worthy of all of us, our bodies, our hearts, our souls, our strength, our minds. Jesus our savior died for us, something many family members wouldn't even do for each other. Our Lord took on sin and suffered for us. He gave all of Himself for us so why is there such hesitation in giving our all to God. May the Body of Christ empty themselves of this world and the desires of the flesh and be filled with their true Father in Heaven, be filled with The Holy Spirit. Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me. (Psalm 27:10)