What is That All About?

🌟 Scriptures 🌟
1 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus' mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus' mother said to him, "They have no more wine."
4 "Woman,[a] why do you involve me?" Jesus replied. "My hour has not yet come."
5 His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."
6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.[b]
7 Jesus said to the servants, "Fill the jars with water"; so they filled them to the brim.
8 Then he told them, "Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet."
They did so, 9, and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now."
11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

🗣️The Message📜
A while back while I was scrolling through social media I came upon a short snippet of a pastor preaching about Jesus at a wedding in Cana. I expected him to preach on Jesus' first miracle or on His generosity, but instead, he went another route. This man started to relate Jesus' miracle of turning water into wine to what He did on the cross. The preacher said basically that when Mary, Jesus' mother asked Him to help out with the wine, His response of saying,

"Woman,[a] why do you involve me?", "My hour has not yet come."

was Jesus saying it's not my time to go to the cross, it's not my time to shed my blood and renew the covenant. Additionally, in Mattew 26:45-46, Jesus says,

(NIV) "Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour has come, and the Son of Man is delivered into the hands of sinners. 46 Rise! Let us go! Here comes my betrayer!"

Also at the last supper, Jesus even said that the wine represented His blood which confirmed the covenant. If that isn't enough Jesus used ceremonial washing jars for this miracle and all of this happened at a wedding. Seeing this made me realize that most of the miracles Jesus did during His time on earth were signs of what was to come, or were used to reveal His glory as verse 11 in John said.

For example, we all remember when Jesus fed the 5000 He prayed over the bread, broke it, and gave it to His disciple, who gave it to the multitude, and everyone ate as much as they wanted. Well, Jesus also did something similar to this at the last supper. At the last supper, Jesus took the bread, blessed it, and broke it then gave it to his disciples saying this is my body given for you. We could relate this to when Jesus was resurrected and sent His disciples to preach the good news. He first gave His Good News to His disciples and they shared The Good News, which could be related to the bread, with people all over the world and whoever believed received The Holy Spirit. Taste and see that The Lord is Good.

Also, multitudes of people came to Jesus and all that had faith, all who believed in His power were healed of their sicknesses or deformities and delivered from being demon-possessed. We could also relate this to receiving The Holy Spirit. All the people had to do was have faith and believe in Jesus' power and they were healed and all people today have to do is believe and have faith to be saved and healed.

Subsequently, when Jesus died and was resurrected on the third day The Covenant was made, The Holy Spirit came, and the wedding took place between man and God which joined those who were saved, those who believed in Jesus together with Christ. His Blood was poured out and His body was given so that me, you, and anyone else who trusts and believes in Christ Jesus and His power would be saved from death and washed clean by The Blood of Jesus, healed, and, able to live forever with The Lord. We now see that some of Jesus' miracles were to show everyone what was about to take place, but why did Jesus do this? So we could know who God is. If we know who The Lord is it we won't be easily deceived, if we know who the Lord is we will know His voice and He can direct us, and if we know who The Lord is we can have a relationship with Him. The blessings God gives us, the peace, the joy, the healings, are all to show us who God is. Jesus is the resurrection and the life, He is the only way to God. The Lord is The beginning and the end, He is Alpha and Omega. He is, He was, and He will always be The King of kings and the Lord of lords. He will always be Good.