Walk

Scriptures

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"
Isaiah 52:7 NIV

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
1 John 1:7 NIV

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:29 NIV

Message

I love the song walk by Hulvey it talks about walking with Christ and shining our lights in the earth. I also love that in the song it says, "Walking with Christ, moving where it's gritty" it shows that walking as Christ walked isn't going to be easy. People have been ridiculed, insulted, beaten, and even killed. There is a line in the song where he talks about going where it's dangerous, places where he could die but because he knew the power the light held and trusted The Lord it didn't matter.

We all have the choice to walk either in the light or the dark. We have the choice to walk with God or with the world. The scriptures say how can two walk together unless they agree. Before we met Christ we were in agreement with the world and our flesh. We walked whichever way made us feel good or whichever way that benefited us. It was a natural thing because we were born into it. Even so Christ calls us to uncomfortability to step out of our comfort zone, to step out of our old flesh and to put our new wine in new wine skins. Jesus calls us to walk as He walked down a narrow road, a hard road, the road he walked, a lonely road to be blessed, at peace, and happy.

One thing that encourages me is that our savior doesn't just call us to suffer, but He allows us to give Him our burdens and He teaches us how to walk with them and steward them. The scriptures says to take His yoke upon us and learn from Him so we may have rest for our souls Matthew 11:29.

It's hard to carry The Word and to tell it to others, but the scriptures say their feet are beautiful 1 John 1:7. It's hard to deny ourselves for others and to be obedient but the Word says that those who follow Christ command are blessed Psalm 119:1-2. And it so hard to walk on the narrow road and be like Christ but He is the only way to life Matthew 7:13-14.

Will you deny yourself and walk on the narrow road that leads to life, or will you give into your flesh and walk on the broad road that leads to death?

Choose life, choose Christ and let Him change you.

Prayer
Adoni, Abba help us to be sober minded and remember who you are and who we are in You, Father thank you for leading us on the road to life order our feet in your Word and please don't let them peer over the edge of that narrow road. You are worthy of all praise we love you Father In Jesus' Name Amen.