One

🌟 Scriptures🌟

John 17:20-24

20 "I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.

22 "I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. 23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me. 24 Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began!

Genesis 11:1-9

11 At one time all the people of the world spoke the same language and used the same words. 2 As the people migrated to the east, they found a plain in the land of Babylonia[] and settled there.

3 They began saying to each other, "Let's make bricks and harden them with fire." (In this region bricks were used instead of stone, and tar was used for mortar.) 4 Then they said, "Come, let's build a great city for ourselves with a tower that reaches into the sky. This will make us famous and keep us from being scattered all over the world."

5 But the Lord came down to look at the city and the tower the people were building. 6 "Look!" he said. "The people are united, and they all speak the same language. After this, nothing they set out to do will be impossible for them! 7 Come, let's go down and confuse the people with different languages. Then they won't be able to understand each other."

8 In that way, the Lord scattered them all over the world, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why the city was called Babel,[] because that is where the Lord confused the people with different languages. In this way he scattered them all over the world.

Acts: 2: 1-13

2 On the day of Pentecost[] all the believers were meeting together in one place. 2 Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm, and it filled the house where they were sitting. 3 Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. 4 And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages,[] as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.

5 At that time there were devout Jews from every nation living in Jerusalem. 6 When they heard the loud noise, everyone came running, and they were bewildered to hear their own languages being spoken by the believers.

7 They were completely amazed. "How can this be?" they exclaimed. "These people are all from Galilee, 8 and yet we hear them speaking in our own native languages! 9 Here we are—Parthians, Medes, Elamites, people from Mesopotamia, Judea, Cappadocia, Pontus, the province of Asia, 10 Phrygia, Pamphylia, Egypt, and the areas of Libya around Cyrene, visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism), Cretans, and Arabs. And we all hear these people speaking in our own languages about the wonderful things God has done!" 12 They stood there amazed and perplexed. "What can this mean?" they asked each other.

13 But others in the crowd ridiculed them, saying, "They're just drunk, that's all!"

🗣️The Message📜

Our Lord Jesus prayed a special prayer to The Father in John 17,  but what He prays for us in verses 20-21 caught me off guard. Jesus said"20 "I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me."

I was already flabbergasted that Jesus was praying to God and we got to get a sneak peek, but then Jesus called us to be one as He and The Father are one? Sadly this doesn't seem to be prevalent in the U.S there are billions of churches, one on every corner. Some churches have a lot of people and a lot of money and others have a small number of people and not that much money. This breaks my heart because the church looks like the world. In The New Testament, they visited different churches to see what was needed and helped one another out of Love, They were united even if they were on the other side of The world, but in America, that's not always the case. 

In the beginning, as Jesus already stated, The Father and Him were one and still are one. Then He came to earth, died for our sins, and was resurrected and united us in one His Body. Then, He commanded His disciples to go out and share The Good News so people could be snatched out of this dark world and joined to One God. In verses, 22-24 Jesus continues in prayer for us that we'd be in perfect unity so that the world would know that God sent Him and loves us as He loves His Son. 

In the beginning of time humans were all joined together in one place we all spoke one language but were scattered because of their desire to be famous and do things for their own gain. He scattered them by giving them different languages so they couldn't communicate. But When Jesus left The Holy Spirit He united us once again. Jesus' followers all met in one place and when they received The Holy Spirit they all spoke in tounges and every one no matter what language they spoke came to hear them. The Holy Spirit called them all together with His tounges and through the preaching of Peter 3000 people got saved and were added to the church.

When the Trinity was talking at The tower of Babel they said that nothing would be impossible for these people joined together speaking the same language, how much more could we do, how many people could be saved if we were united in love for each other. I join in prayer that we are one as The Father and The Son are One. May we have a greater love for one another and God, may we be joined together in fellowship, in prayer, and in wisdom all the more so the world will know who we are and whose we are.