~ Chapter 1 ~

5000 BC
~Mesopotamia

"You know you can always just stay on the ship?"

Rolling my eyes, with a smile, I adjusted my suit, admiring the yellow and the white lining it before turning around to see Druig, leaning against the doorway.

"And why would I want to stay all cooped up in here and miss the thrill of killing a deviant?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"You could stay here?..." He said, taking a step closer.

"With me."

Step.

"Wrapped in my arms."

Step.

"Receiving kiss."

Step.

"After kiss."

Step.

"After kiss."

Step.

"From me."

Looking up, I was met with Druig standing in front of me, with a smirk appearing on his lips.

"You know that sounds amazing." He said, resting his hands on my waist.

"It's very tempting." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck.

His eyes lit up and he gripped my waist tighter, a ghost of a smile appearing.

"But..." I said, glancing at the water in the bowl next to us.

"I really want to kill a deviant." I said, waving my finger around behind his neck and making the water rise from out of the bowl and float above Druig's head.

Druig gave me a confused look but I quickly stepped away from our embrace making the water fall on him, instantly drenching him.

Laughing, I quickly dodged his attempt to catch me, and ran out the room to see everyone getting ready to jump off the ship.

They all gave me confused looks until they heard footsteps and a very angry voice.

"Freya!"

Turning around to see Druig marching up to us with his wet hair sticking against his forehead and his shoes squeaking with every step.

I heard the others trying to cover their laughter but completely failed.

"Sorry Druig, duty calls." I said, before jumping out the ship, the water from the ocean instantly carrying me to where the deviant was.

Looking up, I see Ikaris flying above me and Makkari using her speed to take her, Thena, Kingo, and Gilgamesh to where the deviant is.

Jumping onto one of the big rocks, I see the civilization being destroyed and the people running and yelling.

I quickly jumped off, running to where one of the deviants was about to kill a little boy. Running up, and sliding under the deviant, I quickly made it to the little boy, grabbing a hold of him and away from the deviant.

I hid him behind a big rock, before running back to where the deviant was.

The deviant immediately saw me, and started sprinting towards me. Sprinting as well, I used my powers to bring the rocks towards me making a makeshift staircase. Making it toward the last step, I flipped over the deviant landing on its back and used the fire from one of fires still
being burned and made a makeshift rope out of it.

Bringing the fire rope towards me, I wrapped it around the deviants neck pulling hard until I heard a sizzling sound and then its head came off and it went limp.

Jumping off, I made my way to where everybody was and our ship, the Domo coming into view.

Lining up, Ajak, Sersi, Sprite, Phastos, and Druig stepped off the ship, Ajak leading them.

Making my way beside Druig, he gave me a look saying you'll pay for what you did earlier, only for me to give him a cheeky smile.

Ajak, looked back at Druig and gave him a signal, making him step up.

He gave me a wink, before stepping in front of us. His eyes turned yellow and eventually everyones eyes from the civilization turned yellow as well.

Smiling at Druig, I waited until he was done before he stepped back towards me, grabbing a hold of my hand—— giving it a squeeze.

Looking up to Druig, I gave him a soft smile, him returning the gesture before we both looked out to the beginning of our new home.

~~~~
so what'd we think? did you guys like this chapter?

i hope you guys did and i can't wait for you guys to see what i have in store for freya and druig!

anyway i hope you guys have a great day and i'll see you guys next time!

love you!

-rachel <3

:)