~ Chapter 14 ~

Present Day
~The Amazon

Freya couldn't believe it. She refused to believe it.

Gilgamesh was dead.

Her brain hasn't been able to fully process it—-even while she and the others watched as Thena laid his ashes out into the water.

"Freya." She heard somebody whisper.

Freya could barely hear what or who it was, too consumed by her thoughts.

Why? Out of all the people in the world, did Gilgamesh have to die? He was the sweetest person in the world.

Always making sure that the family was taken care of before he focused on himself. He went as far as to take Thena away to keep her and the people around her protected.

She couldn't accept that—-she refused to accept his death.

"Freya." She heard again.

Slowly turning her head, she saw Druig staring at her with a soft and solemn expression.

The second Druig saw the single tear roll down her cheek he was quick to wrap his arms around her while Freya's body shook with sob after sob.

"Why Druig? Why?" Freya choked out in between sobs.

"I don't know my Freya, I don't know." Druig whispered, while rubbing soft circles on her back.

They stayed in each other's embrace while ignoring the others.

They just wanted to be alone, away from the others and their thoughts.

A sudden anger washed over Druig seeing Freya like this. He wanted to lash out on somebody, anybody but he knew that was the last thing Freya needed.

But he couldn't help but be angry. Freya and him were perfectly content with their lives, living in peace with their people.

No danger, no powers, no death or grief.

Who wouldn't be angry when just in the span of 24 hours your life goes from content and peaceful to dangerous and depressing.

Not to mention seeing your soulmate, the person you love more than anything and would do anything for cry over the death of a loved one. Especially when less than a day ago she would constantly wear a smile on her face and it would never fade away.

Druig was brought out of his thoughts by Freya pulling away just enough to gaze up at him.

Her green eyes were red and rimmed with tears while her cheeks were stained from the previous tears.

But even to Druig she was still the most beautiful woman he's ever seen.

"I want to kill it—-the deviant. I don't care what it cost but I need to kill it. For Gilgamesh, and everybody else it killed." Freya spoke with a determined voice.

"Freya I understand and I want to kill it too. Hell, I want to rip it apart with my bare hands but we need to be strategic and smart with everything. We can't just go in there running on adrenaline and revenge." Druig said, running his arms up and down her arms.

"B-but I just can't stand here and wait for somebody to spit out orders!" Freya said, her voice growing quiet towards the end.

No matter how angry she is she knows Druig is right, and god did she hate when he was right all the time.

" Freya, listen to me when I say that we will kill it and you'll get the revenge you deserve but right now we need to focus on more important things. Like finding the rest of the family and coming up with a plan then." Druig said, making Freya nod.

Freya glanced past Druig to see Thena staring blankly at the water.

"I can't imagine what she's going through right now." Freya whispered making Druig look back at Thena.

"To lose the one that means the most to you, I don't think I'd be able to move on with life after that." Freya said making Druig snap his head back towards her.

"It makes me think about w-what if it was the both of us in that situation and the deviant killed you and I——

"You know I love you right?" Druig said cutting her off while staring intently at her.

"With everything." Freya said, making Druig smile softly at her.

"Then listen to me when I say that nothing will happen to either of us. Remember what I told you the first second we met?" He said, cupping her cheeks.

"That we'll be together for infinite time." Freya whispered gazing lovingly at Druig.

Druig smiled softly at her words before leaning in and pressing his lips to hers.

They filled the kiss with nothing but passion and love——while holding onto each other tightly.

Pulling away he gazed down at Freya with nothing but love and admiration.

"I love you my beautiful, beautiful Freya. And nothing will come in between us, we're with each other till the end."

~~~~~~~

so what'd u guys think of this chapter? i was really dreading writing this chapter because gilgamesh's death scene still has me crying from time to time. :(

also i think i'm going to be writing in 3rd person for the rest of the story bc i realized that whenever i read a fanfic i prefer when they are in 3rd person idk that's just my preference!

anyway the next few chapters are going to be really fun and interesting mainly because that's when makkari and phastos finally come back in!

i hope you guys have an amazing day and i'll see you guys next time!

love you! <3

-rachel :)