~ Chapter 2 ~

Present Day
~ The Amazon

Softly humming to a tune, I helped the little girl next to me, plant some vegetables.

Slightly glancing to her, I saw she was struggling a little pit, a frown placed upon her face, her chubby cheeks making her even more adorable.

"Here, let me help." I said, in their native language.

"Thank you." She said, giving me a toothy grin.

I gave her a soft smile, kneeling to where she was before and pulling out the vegetable and then putting some seeds in its place.

Placing dirt over it, I used my powers to stream some water over to us, instantly making the vegetable start to grow.

"That's so cool." She said, her big brown eyes, shining with admiration.

"You wanna see something else?" I asked, making her nod her head rapidly. Her two pigtails bouncing with every movement.

"Okay, hold your palm out like this." I said, making her copy my actions. Kneeling down, so I was eye level with her, I made a funny face making her laugh.

While her palm was facing upwards, I put one of my hands over her palm and my other hand under.

"Ready?" I asked, making her nod enthusiastically.

Laughing, I focused on both of our hands, feeling the energy serge through them. Looking up, she gasp, no doubt because my eyes have turned a deep blue.

Focusing back on our hands, I finally felt the energy go to my fingertips. Slowly raising my hands, water started to appear making the little girl gasp in shock.

Waving my hands around her palm, I made a flower out of the water appear over her palm making her smile brightened.

"It's so pretty." She said in awe.

Letting my hands fall to my side, I watched as the girl was so mesmerized by the flower. She stuck her other hand out, getting ready to poke the flower. Biting back a laugh, she poked the flower instantly making the flower pop——the water falling down on her hand.

Pouting she looking back up at me with those adorable big brown eyes.

"Where'd it go?" She asked, trying to make it appear again.

"It'll be back soon, I promise. But it's our little secret okay?" I said, making her nod her head with a big smile.

"Atta girl. Now go back to your mom. She's probably looking for you, Maeve." I said, making her huff but not her head nonetheless.

"See you later miss Freya." She said, giving me a little wave before running back to where her parents were.

Smiling, I stood up, wiping the dirt on the apron covering my white sundress, falling to my mid calf.

"You continue to amaze me everyday Freya." I heard the most beautiful voice say.

"And why is that Druig?" I asked, turning around to see him leaning against a tree.

"Making a flower out of water? That's a new one, even for you." He said, walking closer to me.

"What can I say? I'm just full of surprises." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck, instantly making him rest his hands on my waist.

"That is true." He said, smirking before leaning down and connecting our lips.

I couldn't help the smile that graced my lips, making me wrap my arms tighter around him. Pulling away, I stared into his beautiful blue eyes, instantly getting lost in them.

"I hope we can stay like this forever." I said, resting my head on his shoulder looking out to the sunset.

He moved so that my back was pressed against his chest, his arms wrapping around my waist making me lean my head against his chest.

"We will darling. We have infinite time together Freya." He said, kissing the side of my head.

"Still till this day, you know the perfect thing to say." I said, making him chuckle.

"My charm is quite exceptional isn't it? Who would've thought that after 7,000 years, you'd still fall into my charm." He said, no doubt a smirk appearing.

"Careful Druig, I think the humans have rubbed off on you." I said, a smirk appearing when I heard him scoff.

"And why's that Freya?" He asked, leaning over my shoulder so that he could see me.

"I think your ego has outgrown the amount of time we've been here on Earth." I said smirking, making him raise his eyebrows.

"Ah! I'll give you that one Freya. I must say, if anything the humans have rubbed off on you as well." He said, smirking.

"And how is that possible? If I recall, I haven't let my ego get any bigger than it already has." I said, making us both laugh.

"No not that. Your sense of humor. You would've thought that after being here for 7,000 years, you would've picked up on some type of humor. But at last—— 7,000 years later and you've finally managed to come up with a decent joke." He said, the cockiness rolling off of him.

Rolling my eyes, I jabbed my elbow into his stomach making him groan and release me—-clutching his stomach.

"Okay, okay, I deserve that. I know." He said, holding a hand up to stop me while the other was still clutching his stomach.

"You're lucky I love you, or you'd be six feet under right now." I said, crossing my arms.

"Freya, darling. You know I love you with all my heart. It was just a little joke." He said, finally standing up straight.

Ignoring him, I turned around, looking out at the sky. The colors of the sunset blending together, making the sky look like some magical world.

Feeling Druig come behind me, he wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his head in the crook of my neck.

"I'm sorry." He said, kissing my neck.

"You know I'd never mean to hurt you." He whispered, placing another kiss higher up my neck.

"Freya."

Kiss.

"Freya."

Kiss.

"You know I won't stop till you say something." He said, placing another kiss on my jaw.

"You are unbelievable you know that." I whispered, not being able to hide the smile growing on my face.

"But you love me for it." He said, kissing my cheek.

"And that I do." I said, resting my head on his chest.

"And I love you." He said, tightening his hold on me.

Relaxing into his embrace, I rested my hands on top of his, feeling at peace. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breathe, breathing in the amazing smell of the amazon.

But our moment was short lived when the ground started to shake.

Stepping out of his embrace I turned around to look at him to see him with the same confused look as me.

"What's going on?" I said, trying not to lose my balance.

Quickly noticing my struggle, Druig grabbed ahold of my forearms pulling me close to him.

"I don't know, I think it may be an earthquake but we must get back to the village." He said, making me nod.

But I couldn't quite shake the feeling that it was something more than that.

~~~~
eeekkk! freya and druig in present time! did you guys like this chapter? i hope you did and let me know what you thought of it!

i hope you guys have an amazing day and i'll see you guys next time!

love you!

-rachel <3

:)