~ Chapter 5 ~

575 BC
~ Babylon

I watched as Sprite told her story, her powers making illustrations light up the sky——making the civilians stare in awe.

Druig had went to go find some food, leaving me leaning against the wall watching Sprite's show.

"You look like you're having the time of your life." Ikaris said next to me.

"Sometimes it amazes me that for being such a serious person all the time——you still manage to bring sarcasm into every conversation." I said, looking at him.

He gave me a small smile, leaning against the wall.

"I would think under the circumstances you would need something to cheer you up. Due to the fact that I don't see Druig anywhere." He said, trying to hide his smirk.

"For your information Ikaris, he's going to get some food." I said, making him laugh.

"Typical." He said, cutting me off.

"And he'll be back, like he always is." I finished, making him nod.

"Enough about me. What about you? Where is the infamous Sersi?" I asked, making him instantly lose eye contact with me.

"Gotcha." I said, stepping closer.

"She is with the civilizians, dancing. Having a good time, like she deserves." He said, his tone back to being professional.

"Why don't you go out with her? Show her some moves?" I said, nudging him with my elbow.

"That's not why we were put on Earth for. We are here for a mission." His tone no longer playful.

Frowning at his sudden mood change, I bit my lip trying to think of something to say.

"You know, it's okay to have fun once in a while. I know we were put here for a mission. But, don't you think that maybe, along the way we were supposed to learn and adjust to the human way?" I asked him softly, not wanting to make him upset.

He didn't say anything, just continued to stare out at Sprite's show.

After a second longer he said, "Don't you think that Arishem would've told Ajak that. If Arishem didn't say this, then it's not true." He said, looking at me.

Sighing, I pushed my hair behind my ears, stepping closer to Ikaris.

"I hope you'll be able to appreciate the humans and the life their creating. It's something beautiful that everyone should admire. Whether if we're on a mission or not." I said, cupping his cheek.

"If I can't be the one to show you that than I can only hope Sersi will." I said, giving him a soft smile.

He nodded his head, while I dropped my hand back to my side.

"Although I'll be quite offended if Sersi will be the one to convince you. You know, with us being like brother and sister and with what we've been through." I said, making him crack a smile.

"If you're talking about the time you beat me in a fight, then that doesn't count Freya." He said, rolling his eyes.

"I beg to differ Ikaris. For being a mighty eternal you were being such a cry baby." I said, glancing behind him to see Druig walking in.

"Oh look! There's Druig! Don't miss me for too long, I know how dreadful it can be for you to be without my presence." I said, making him let out a laugh.

Giving him another smile, I gave him a pat on his shoulder before heading towards Druig.

He was sitting down, eating as usual watching the civilians at the table gamble.