~ Chapter 21 ~

Present Day
~The Final Battle

Freya and Phastos continued to circle Ikaris, taunting him while they waited for Sersi to defeat Tiamut.

At this point Freya was numb of any emotions. She was dreading what would happen after all of this was over.

If they would successfully complete the mission or if somehow Ikaris would defeat them.

But most of all she wondered what she'd do after all of this. What'd she do now that Druig was gone.

Would she go back to the Amazon? Back to her village?

Or would she completely start anew?

She hated that these were her thoughts.

The future was suppose to hold her and Druig together no matter where they went. But now, he was gone—-and Freya was alone.

"Why?" Freya finally whispered while kneeling in front of Ikaris.

Ikaris knew what she was talking about and never had he seen her so defeated and broken.

"I had to." Ikaris choked out making Freya immediately shake her head.

"No, you didn't. You could've stopped all of this! You didn't have to kill Ajak or Gilgamesh or——D-Druig." She choked out, her eyes once again filling with tears.

"He was my soulmate—-the love of my life! What would you think of I killed Sersi huh?" She gritted making Ikaris snap his head up towards her—-his eyes ablazed.

"Doesn't feel so good does it?" She choked out, tilting her head to the side.

Before Ikaris could respond the ground started to shake making everybody lose balance.

Trying to keep her balance, Freya looked around wondering what was happening. That was until she glanced at the ocean to see something starting to emerge.

She didn't have to see half of it—-already knowing who it was.

Tiamut.

Ikaris started pulling on his restraints with so much force while yelling in agony.

"Come on Sersi!" Freya whispered to herself glancing from Tiamat to Ikaris wide eyed.

Freya shared a quick glance with Phastos the both of them knowing none of this was good.

Suddenly Phastos and Freya were flown down from a powerful force.

Quickly standing up Freya was met with Ikaris free from his restraints—-and judging by the look on his face he was seconds away from going after Sersi.

Thinking quickly Freya immediately started towards Ikaris ready to throw a blow but Ikaris grabbed ahold of Freya's arm—-swinging her over his shoulder.

Freya barely had time to get up before Ikaris grabbed her by the ankle sending her flying into the cliff.

Not holding back anymore, Ikaris flew towards Freya who was too busy grabbing her side in pain and pinned her to the cliff.

"I've had enough Freya. I love you, I really do and it pains me to have to do this. But as of right now you are the biggest threat from preventing me from stopping the emergence." Ikaris choked out while his eyes started glowing.

"No Ikaris! Don!t——" Freya couldn't even finish her sentence before Ikaris aimed his beam at Freya's chest the closeness of the impact making it even the more painful.

Freya screamed in pain while failing miserable at trying to get out of Ikaris's grip.

She barely noticed that behind Ikaris's eyes that were shooting the beam——tear after tear were falling.