~ Chapter 3 ~

Running hand in hand with Druig, we made it to the village to see everyone panicking and running around.

"Everyone please stay calm and go into the main house." I yelled, but they didn't hear me. To consumed by fear and panic.

That was until they all stopped what they were doing and started to calmly walk to the house.

Rolling my eyes, I turned to Druig to see his eyes fade from yellow to his normal blue.

"I had it under control Druig." I said, giving him a stern look.

"Freya. It would've taken centuries to get these humans to get into the house. The humans, they——they don't know how to handle their fear, so the logical thing for them to do is panic." Drug said.

"Druig, you know how much I hate when you use your mind control on these people. I understand that under some circumstances you have to use them but I was perfectly capable at getting them to calm down and get inside the house without having to use your mind." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I know that darling, and I promise to do better. It's just a habit of mine." He said, fake pouting.

"That we talked about getting rid of." I said, giving him a look. He rolled his eyes, but threw his arms around my waist, making my arms go around his neck.

"I'm sorry. Do you forgive me?" He mumbled into my neck before pressing a kiss there.

"You know I do Druig." I said, pulling my head back and looking into his eyes. Playing with the hair at the back of his head, he let out a satisfied sigh, before leaning in and pressing his lips to mine.

"You know there was just an earthquake right?" I mumbled against his lips.

"So?" He said, moving us back till we were pressed against a tree.

I rolled my eyes, laughing a little when he went from my lips to my neck. Leaving gentle kisses all over my neck making me let out a satisfied sigh.

He started to pull one of my straps of my dress down, but I quickly stopped him giving him a look making him pout.

"You're no fun." He said, making me laugh.

"We're supposed to check on the people." I said, giving him one last peck.

"Do we have to?" He asked, tightening his hold on my waist.

Before I could respond, the sound of tree branches snapping and the trees above us starting to rustle from the wind.

"What was that?" I asked, looking around.

Druig didn't respond, instead he kept me pressed against the tree before standing in-front of me in a protective manner.

"Druig?" I whispered, my heart starting to beat faster.

"Freya, please be quiet." He whispered in a pleading manner, making me tighten my hold on his arm.

It was quiet for a moment, the only sound being our heavy breathing and the wind making the leaves rustle.

That was until we heard what sounded like big footsteps coming near us. The both of us kept looking around us, but it was impossible to see anything due to it being dark.

"Where is it?" I asked, stepping out of his hold and getting my powers ready.

"I don't know but just stay-" Druig started, but looked behind me and his eyes widen.

"Freya. Darling. I need you to walk very slowly towards me, okay?" He said, his tone fearful.

"Wh-" I couldn't get one word out before something hit my stomach making me fly into one of the trees.