~ Chapter 6 ~

400 AD
~ Gupta Empire

I watched as the minister spoke while Sersi and Ikaris stood in front of each other, hand in hand.

"Isn't this beautiful Druig?" I said, putting a hand over my heart—-trying not to tear up.

When he didn't answer, I looked beside me to see Druig no longer there.

Frowning I turned to Makkari, "Where did Druig go?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes before signing, "Where do you think?" She then nodded her head toward the food table where Druig was of course eating away.

Rolling my eyes, I gave Makkari a greatful smile before marching over to the table.

"Seriously Druig? Sersi and Ikaris are having a wedding right now and you're at the snack table?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I was hungry! Besides the food here is amazing, look!" He said, holding out a fluffy piece of bread.

Staring at it, I felt my mouth water. I could also feel Druig smirking at me.

"Come on you know you want it Freya." He said, waving it around.

Shaking my head, I put the piece of bread down before grabbing his hand and pulling him back to the others—-making him groan.

"We can eat later. For now we're going to be a happy family and watch two of our own get married, understood?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course Freya. Whatever you say." He said, kissing my cheek.

Smiling, I tuned back to Sersi and Ikaris while Druig wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"You know, that's going to be us one day." Druig whispered in my ear when Sersi and Ikaris finally kissed.

"I can't wait." I whispered back, cupping his cheek while pulling him into a kiss.

Pulling him closer, he let out a sigh before suddenly pulling away.

"I want to show you something." He said, looking intently in my eyes.

"What is it?" I asked, frowning but couldn't help the small smile gracing my lips.

"Just follow me." He said, before grabbing my hand and pulling us away from the others.

"Druig! Is this where you kill me?" I asked, when he started pulling us into the woods.

"Maybe? You'll never know." He said, sending me a devilish smirk.

Laughing, I continued to follow him until the trees disappeared to reveal a clearing with the most beautiful sight.

There was a small stream, but that wasn't what caught my attention. It was the hidden waterfall behind it. To the blind eye, you wouldn't be able to see it, but with where Druig and I were, it was as clear as day.

"Oh Druig, it's beautiful." I said, staring at it in awe.

"I thought you may like it. I found it one day when you were helping the families after the attack." He said, pulling me closer to the stream.

We both took off our shoes, and dipped our feet in it. I let out a sigh, closing my eyes while breathing in the air.

"It's amazing Druig. Thank you, for showing me this." I said, looking to him.

He had a loving look in his eyes while still holding my hand.

"Anything for you, my beautiful Freya." He said, before he leaned in to kiss me.