~ Chapter 15 ~

Present Day
~Iraq

Stepping out of Sprite's illusion, the ten eternals walked out into the desert—- putting their sunglasses on to stop the sand from flying in their eyes.

After Gilgamesh's funeral everybody was sort of in a numb state—-not knowing what to do.

Eventually they came up with a plan to find Phastos and Makkari and then they'd go on from there.

Freya and Druig walked side by side holding hands while Phastos tried to find the Domo.

Freya now changed from her white sundress to a grey t shirt, black mom jeans, black converse, and a leather jacket—-matching Druig.

After searching for a while Phastos finally found the Domo, it erupting from the sand—-making Freya glance at Druig with a smile.

Walking into the Domo, Kingo and his assistant led the group mostly because Kingo was trying to make a mysterious segment in his documentary.

Freya and Druig were watching amused, just staying in the back. Freya wouldn't admit it but it felt nice to be back with the family—-she only wished it was under different circumstances.

During the whole walk, Phastos kept on complaining about Kingo wanting him to be quiet until a loud pop interrupted them.

The pop made Freya flinch back a little into Druig's chest while Phastos screamed and held a hand to his chest.

Everybody glanced down to see Phastos's foot on top of a chip bag making them all let out a breathe and Freya chuckle at Phastos's face.

Eventually the deeper they got into the Domo the more everybody could hear classical music. Walking into the main room everybody was met with Makkari sitting on a chair, a bunch of books and artifacts surrounding her while she super sped through each book.

"Makkari!" Freya exclaimed running up to Makkari and engulfing her in a hug.

"I missed you!" Freya signed, with a big smile.

"I missed you too!" Makkari signed before turning to the others.

"Ready to go home?" She signed with a big smile but it quickly dropped when she saw the look on Freya and the others faces.

~~~~~

After telling Makkari the truth about everything, everybody kind of went their separate ways on the ship while Phastos worked on the plan.

While Makkari was talking to Kingo about everything Druig and Freya were walking around trying to find food or something to do.

"You'd think Makkari would have some sort of food." Druig mumbled making Freya chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Druig asked, turning to Freya with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh nothing!" Freya said, shrugging carelessly.

"You know..." Druig began, stepping closer to Freya—-keeping eye contact.

"You look absolutely ravishing in this jacket. It really fits you." He said, resting his hands on her waist.

"Does it now? I don't know, I think that only one of us can pull of this jacket and if you say that it looks great on me then I have to say you look great when in reality——" Freya began, only to trail off at the end.

"When in reality what? Say it Freya—-say it." Druig said, squeezing her waist a little.

Freya bit her lip, gazing up at Druig trying to get herself out of this predicament which she clearly started.