~ Chapter 8 ~

1521 AD
~Tenochtitlan

(Freya's pov)

Helping the family get to safety, I turned around just in time to dodge a deviants blow.

Thankfully Kingo had come in and blasted the deviant away to Gilgamesh making him knock it out.

Turning around, I couldn't help but frown at the burned civilization. This wasn't caused by the deviants but by the humans themselves.

It's never been this bad. It's only a matter of time before the humans don't know how to act and destroy Earth before the deviants can.

Focusing back on the deviants, I saw Thena kill the last of them with her sword.

Glancing back at the people I realized they weren't even scared of the deviants but at the humans themselves.

It's gruesome. They are killing each other with a new weapon. Not even caring how much blood is spilled.

Makkari sped over to me with a solemn look.

"It's time to go back to others. Our work here is done." She signed to me.

"Am I the only way who wants to stop this? They're killing each other Makkari. Was this apart of their evolutionary process all along?" I signed to her, with a frown.

"I don't know Freya. As bad and painful as it is, we have to stand by Ajak's word. No interfering with human conlfict." She signed before giving one last apologetic look before speeding away.

Sighing I looked one last time before running towards the others.

When I made it to our ship, I noticed everyone was facing Druig and his eyes started to glow yellow.

Frowning, I picked up my paced towards him but Ajak beat me to it—-putting a hand on Druig's shoulder.

"Don't. We don't interfere with the wars." She said, giving Druig a look.

So Druig was trying to stop them, I realized.

"Ajak, you have to realize how wrong this is. Humans killing others humans? This can't be war, and you know that. You never told us this was apart of their evolutionary process." I spoke up, making everyone turn towards me.

I made my way towards Druig, instantly taking his hand.

"Freya's right. This isn't war. It's genocide, their weapons have become too deadly. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea helping them advance Phastos." Druig said, glaring at him.

"Technology is apart of their evolutionary process Druig. It's not exactly something I can stop." Phastos said, his tone stern.

"No you can't. But I can." Druig said.

"Come on guys! You have to agree with us! You know we're right! We can stop this—-with just a snap of our figures." I pleaded to them.

"It's too late—-everyone's going to die." Then suddenly said.

We all looked over to see her staring at nothing in a daze.

"Thena?" Sersi said, cautiously.

Suddenly Thena's eyes turned completely white and she lunged her sword at Sersi, slicing her shoulder.

Sersi groaned in pain, falling to the ground while Phastos caught her.

"Thena?" I said, walking up to her.

She turned to me and was about to lunge at me but Makkari, sped over just in time and sped her and Thena away.

I breathed out a sigh of relief while Druig quickly made his way over to me checking to see if I was okay.