~ Chapter 9 ~

Present Day
~The Amazon

(Freya's pov)

There were a million thoughts going through my head right now.

How long had I been out for? Was I dead? Where was I?

"Freya?" Druig whispered, his eyes filled with tears.

Turning my head to look at him, I gave him a soft smile, my heart beating faster.

"Druig." I whispered, while a tear fell.

Just like that, it was like a switch turned on and Druig rushed his way over to me—-immediately pulling me into a hug.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, the both of us holding onto each other tightly.

"God Freya, please don't scare me like that." He whispered against my neck before leaving a kiss there.

"I- I thought that that was it. I thought you were dead!" He said, his voice cracking.

"Hey, hey Druig." I said, pulling away and cupping his cheeks.

"I'm okay. Look at me." I said, when he broke eye contact.

"I need you to understand that none of this is your fault, do you understand?" I said, making him nod is head weakly.

"I know you, and I know you think this is your fault but it's not. Please don't blame yourself. None of us could've known that a deviant was going to come." I said, looking into his blue eyes.

"You don't understand Freya!" He said, abruptly standing up.

He started pacing in front me, tugging on his hair while the tears kept falling.

I stood up too, but kept my distance—-knowing he just needed time to calm down.

"I watched that deviant suck the life out of you! You were practically seconds away from death and for me—-to see the love of my life, my beautiful Freya almost die tonight, I-" He said, breaking of towards the end.

"I know you are strong Freya, hell you are one of the strongest people I know! But you have to understand that this is the second time I almost watched you die. You don't understand what that does to a person. To watch their soulmate almost die not once, but twice!" He yelled, making me flinch a little.

I immediately knew what he was talking about. The night we all went our separate ways.

I was scared myself, to see one of my family members turn into someone their not and start attacking us.

"Druig." I said cautiously. Slowly walking towards him.

I stood in front of him, making him snap his eyes towards me. Seeing his blue eyes red and puffy and with filled with tears broke my heart.

"You're right, I don't know what's it's like to see the love of my life die. And I can't imagine what it would be like to see you almost die. I don't think I would be able to live on with life without you." I said, cupping his cheek.

"Trust me, it breaks my heart to see you like this. I know this is eating you up inside, and you are blaming yourself constantly. Thinking that if you had done something different then none of this would happen." I said, while he rested his hands on my waist.

"I don't think I'd be able to see you almost die again like that Freya. I don't think I'd be able to handle it a third time." He whispered, while he closed his eyes.

I leaned my forehead against his his, just letting us stand in silence.

"I promise you Druig, you won't have to. I will promise to never put you through that again." I said, before kissing him.

I wrapped my hands around his neck tightening my hold while he pulled me closer.

Opening my mouth, I let his tongue clash with mine, making the kiss more intense.

The kiss was filled with so much passion and intimacy. Both of us putting all of our emotions into the kiss, making it feel breathtaking.

Breaking away, I looked up to his beautiful blue eyes—-while I tried to catch my breath.

"I love you my beautiful Freya." Druig said, while one hand came up to cup my cheek.

"And I love you my beautiful Druig."

~~~~
so what did you guys think? this was just a little short chapter to see freya and druig reunite after everything!

but i promise the next chapter is going to be good! bc everyone is going to be reunited! i may update again later today but idk yet we'll see!

i hope you guys have an amazing day and happy thanksgiving! i hope you guys eat a lot of food and get to spend time w/ your family and friends!

i love you guys and i'll see you next time! <3

-rachel
:)