~ Chapter 16 ~

Present Day
~ The Domo

"So Phastos, I need to control the mind of a celestial." Druig said, while resting his chin on Freya's shoulder.

Once Phastos started getting somewhere with his plan, he called the others into the main room to discuss everything.

Everybody was curious as to what Phastos would come up with. To be honest they were scared that he wouldn't be able to come up with anything at all—— mainly with how big the threat was. But they all had faith in him and knew he would come up with something amazing.

"Okay get ready for it." Phastos said before he made eleven golden bracelets appear——making everybody gaze up in confusion at them.

"Bracelets? You made us bracelets?" Kingo asked, frowning at Phastos.

"I think they're cute." Freya said, shrugging—-making everyone look at her.

"What? They are!" Freya said, getting defensive.

"Thank you Freya, even though its not about beauty——but anyway! Okay look here's a little celestial 101." Phastos said.

"Celestials are the most powerful energy generators in the universe. When Arishem made us, he imbued us with infinite cosmic energy to keep our bodies regenerating. The bracelets in theory, shut down our regeneration process. And once that happens, our bodies accumulate extra cosmic energy."  Phastos continued, making us all frown in confusion.

"What for?" Sersi asked, crossing her arms.

"Well if the deviants can absorb our energy, what if we can absorb each other's energy as well?" Phastos said, making everybody look at each other wearily.

"If I can find a way to connect us all, one of us could become immensely powerful pulling the accumulated energy from the rest, forming... a uni-mind." Phastos finished, before everybody looked at the finishing touches of his plan.

Everybody continued to look at the plan, not saying anything while Phastos looked from one person to the other——waiting for somebody to congratulate or admire his plan.

"Uni meaning one mind, meaning mind." Phastos said, thinking nobody heard him.

"Yeah we heard you the first time." Kingo said, making everybody nod.

"Terrible name." Sprite said, making Phastos roll his eyes.

"We'll brainstorm ideas. Brainstorm! That's a way better name!" Kingo exclaimed, making Phastos look in bewilderment at Kingo.

"No I invented it! So I'm calling it whatever I want!" Phastos yelled at Kingo.

Freya and Druig looked in amusement at Phastos getting so worked up——they've truly never seen Phastos so irritated before.

"So suppose Druig can say.. put Tiamut to sleep—-then what?" Makkari signed making everyone look at one another wondering the same thing.

"We find humans a new home on another planet." Sersi suggested, making Freya nod in agreement.

"Are we building a big ship too? Take a pair of each animal?" Sprite butted in, making Freya roll her eyes in annoyance at Sprite.

"Well you know what's never saved the planet? Your sarcasm!" Phastos said——Freya and the others cracking a smile at his joke.

"Space colonization could takes decades!" Sprite exclaimed, ignoring Phastos's joke.

"It can happen quickly with our help!" Sersi said calmly.

"What if we end up accidentally killing Tiamut? We could be responsible for billions of lives. No being created across the universe. Boss am I right?" Kingo said, turning towards Ikaris——making everyone do the same.

Freya frowned in confusion, not knowing why they were all asking Ikaris when Sersi was clearly the leader.

"Say something Ikaris! You don't think we should be doing this." Sprite said, looking at Ikaris intently——waiting for him to respond.

"Okay guys wait." Freya said, standing up.

"Why are we all looking towards Ikaris for help? Ajak chose Sersi for a reason. She gave her the ability to see Arishem." Freya said, making them all contemplate what she was saying.

"Freya is right. Ajak chose Sersi to lead us. Sersi should decide." Ikaris finally said, making Freya nod her head in appreciation.

"Forget who Ajak chose! You're the strongest! You should be making the decision." Sprite said——her tone starting to become more angrier.

"Fine! Just keep lying to yourself." Sprite said, before storming out.

"Sprite!" Ikaris sighed, glancing at the others before rushing after her.

"Okay this is not it." Phastos said, breaking the silence.

Kingo suddenly stormed out, calling after Ikaris making everybody sigh.

Not too shortly after Sersi left——leaving Phastos, Freya, Druig, and Thena in the main room.

Freya turned to Druig, sitting next to him before leaning her head on his shoulder.

"Are you sure about this Druig? I mean what Phastos is talking about sounds really dangerous—-and I can't see anything bad happen to you." Freya whispered before she felt Druig tilt her chin up.

"Listen to me Freya, I trust Phastos with my life. We both know he wouldn't have me doing something that could potentially harm me or anybody else. If this is the only way to save the world, then we have to try." Druig said, making Freya bite her lip in contemplation.

"You know I love you right. And that if anything were to happen to you when I had the ability to stop it——you know I couldn't move on after that." Freya said, grabbing Drugi's hands.

"I know Freya. It pains me to think about what you'd be going through if I was gone or even what you'd attempt to do. But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't do the exact same thing." Druig whispered.

Freya and Druig stared at each other before Druig leaned in, pressing his lips to hers. He pulled her closer making her gasp before she wrapped her hands around his neck.

Their time was short lived before they abruptly pulled back at the sound of something beeping and running footsteps coming in.

They pulled apart and glanced to see Sersi sprinting in with a frantic look on her face while Phastos rushed over to the center making something appear.

"What's happening?" Freya asked, standing up with Druig—-the both of them grabbing onto each other's hands in fear.

"It's starting."

~~~~~~~
**authors note**

wow updated twice in one day! i know that's a new one lol!

i truly think that i'll be finishing this story this weekend/ beginning of next week :(

especially because i have a 4 day weekend so i'll have a lot of free time!

what'd you guys think of this chapter?! it was little on the boring side/ more serious but it's obviously important to the storyline!

i hope you guys liked this chapter and i'll see you guys next time!

i hope you have an amazing day!

i love you guys! <3

-rachel
:)