~ Chapter 20 ~

Present Day
~The Final Battle

Freya barely registered someone calling her name, her ears still ringing from the impact of the ship crashing.

She should've known Ikaris would've done something like this. Taking out two birds with one stone—-and those two birds being her and Phastos.

"Freya!" The voice called, getting closer.

Letting out a grunt of pain, she slowly pulled herself up just as Phastos came in clutching his shoulder.

"Freya are you alright?!" Phastos asked, rushing over to her.

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay Phastos. Are you?" She asked, frowning at him clutching his shoulder.

"My shoulder hit the wall pretty hard when hit the ground, nothing too serious." He said, shrugging it off.

Suddenly, Makkari sped in, her face showing nothing but worry. Clearly, her and the others must've seen the ship crash.

"Are you guys alright?" Makkari asked, making both Freya and Phastos nod in reassurance.

Makkari gave a soft smile before speeding Phastos out of the ship and not too shortly after doing the same with Freya.

Freya was met with Thena, Phastos, and Makkari—-but no sign of Sersi and Druig.

Frowning, she did a quick twirl trying to find either of them. She briefly caught sight of a green suit on top of the cliff making her let out a breathe, knowing Sersi was okay.

But her relief was short lived when she couldn't find Druig anywhere, he should be here.

Why wasn't he here?

"Where's Druig?" Freya asked, finally turning towards Thena and Makkari.

The both of them just shared a quick glance before turning back to Freya. Freya's stomach dropping with every passing second.

"Where the hell is Druig?!" Freya yelled with urgency.

She could feel tears start to prick her eyes but nobody could give her an answer——Ikaris floating down making everyone snap their heads towards him.

When Ikaris finally landed, Freya stormed up to him but kept a safe distance, "Where the hell is Druig? What did you do to him Ikaris?!" Freya yelled.

She wasn't prepared for what he was about to say but the look alone was enough for dread to fill her.

"Druig is gone. It's over." Ikaris spoke, glancing at everyone before making eye contact with Freya.

Freya let out a heart wrenching scream before falling to her knees.

She had to cover her mouth while sobs continue to fall out of her mouth.

Freya couldn't function. Druig was gone. He was dead.

She was numb, broken.

It felt like her heart was ripped out of her and was crushed over and over again before being pushed back into her.

How could she live on knowing her soulmate—-her Druig was gone forever? And that she could never see him again.

She barely registered Makkari speeding towards Ikaris, grabbing him by the throat before launching him into the rocks.

Thena and Phastos briefly made eye contact before Thena rushed towards Freya, cupping her cheeks.

"Freya, I know it hurts and I know you feel numb and empty but we need you right now. Trust me when I say I know what you're going through right now and it hurts it really does. It feels like you don't won't to live anymore." Thena spoke softly, while Freya continued to sob over the death of her soulmate.