~ Chapter 17 ~

Present Day
~The Domo

"What about the uni-mind?" Sersi asked, while Phastos frantically walked around trying to make sense of what was happening.

"I haven't figured out a way to connect us but I'm close, I'm very very close." Phastos rushed out.

"How much longer?" Sersi asked again—-making Phastos even the more irritated and stressed.

"I don't know Sersi!" Phastos snapped, making Sersi flinch back a little.

At this point Freya and Druig had left the main room—-wanting to get away for just a second.

It was mainly Freya who needed to be alone, Druig could sense her starting to panic so he grabbed her hand and pulled her away into a different room.

Druig had chosen a quiet room—-filled with a bunch of artifacts that Makkari had obtained.

He sat down on a chair, bringing Freya onto his lap——making her rest her head on his shoulder.

He wrapped an arm around her waist—-rubbing soft circles to calm her down while they stared at a painting.

At some point Thena had entered, of course they wanted to be alone but Thena never tried to engage in any conversation. They knew that Thena just needed to be with someone—-especially with Gilgamesh gone.

She just stood there, staring at the same painting Freya and Druig were staring at as well.

"You always knew the end was coming." Freya spoke, breaking the silence.

Thena and Druig knew what she was talking about. Thena alone dreaded having this conversation in the past——not wanting her thoughts and visions to be true.

"It must be a relief." Druig spoke, seeing the look on Thena's face.

"That deviant is still tracking us." Thena spoke, turning to the both of them.

"Revenge won't bring peace for you Thena." Freya spoke softly, while gazing at Thena.

"But killing it might." Thena said, before leaving the two alone with their thoughts.

Freya and Druig exchanged a glance not having a good feeling about what was to come.

"I'm scared." Freya spoke, while cupping Druig's cheek.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't but at this point in time all we have to do is have hope." Druig said, before pressing a chaste kiss to Freya's lips.

"We should probably go with the others." Freya said, before standing up and holding her hand out to him.

Gladly accepting, Druig grabbed a hold of her hand before they made their way back into the main room.

Walking in they see everyone standing around waiting for either Phastos or Sersi to come up with something.

While Freya went to Phastos to see what he was working on Druig went to the side to sit down—-tired of everything that was going on.

All he wished for was for Freya and him to be back in their village and living a peaceful life.

Freya stood next to Phastos while she gazed up at him working. She crossed her arms, too focused on Phastos's work to see Ikaris walk him.

She briefly glanced to see Ikaris in his suit making her frown.

"Ikaris?" She asked, making everyone snap their heads toward him.

"I'm close to figuring it out." Phastos said, before turning back to his work.