Chapter 6: Tears And Highschool Parties

"I'm at the bottom!" One of our classmates cried out, looking at the post on the wall that held their rank in the class from the chemistry test. Taehyung stood nervously beside me, not bothering to even look at the board.

"Come on, you have to look at it." I nudged the boy to which he turned around with his hands covering his eyes. "No, I'm too scared. Can you check for me?" Normally I would've rolled my eyes and pushed him towards the board but today he looked so nervous.

"Okay."

Making my way over to the board, I started from the tenth person all the way up because I had faith in him that he would be in the top ten.

"Kim..Kim..Taehyu-Oh!" I jumped up in surprise, placing my finger right on the board. "You did it! Taehyung, look!" Taehyung turned around, a shocked expression on his face as he saw the place in which my finger landed on.

"You're number one!"

"I'm number one!" We embraced each other, proud of the accomplishment and jumped around like children. "We did it!"

After school that day Taehyung decided that we should go out and celebrate. Now you would think by "celebrating" we would go eat ice cream or treat ourselves with a shopping spree, but Taehyung meant a highschool party.

Yes, it was very cliche and the parties can't get anymore cliche. They did what every other parties did in every book which is one of the reasons why I don't particularly like to go to events like that.

"My friend told me about it and they're all going."

"Well you can go by yourself."

"Yoongi."

"Taehyung."

Taehyung sighed and threw his head onto my shoulder. "Will you please go with me? I mean, shouldn't you take a break and just let loose at this party?"

"If by 'let loose' you mean to get utterly wasted, then count me out. I'd rather be at home buried under my blankets."

"That's boring."

"You're boring."

"Yoongi."

"Taehyung."

"What can I do for you to say yes?" I pondered on this, already having my coffee machine from the time I got on to the helicopter. What else do I want?

"I can't think of anything so consider this as a wish for in the future." He nods his head uncontrollably, resembling a puppy. Namjoon had picked us up from the bus stop, asking us how our day was and such. I sent a quick text to my mom to let her know I probably won't be home tonight.

"Yoongi and I will be going to a party."  Taehyung nudges me and I sigh, confirming with Namjoon that I had agreed to this. "Taehyung.." Namjoon starts but Taehyung stops him. "Joon, I'll be safe. You don't have to worry about me and I don't want you to go to this party. For once, let me have my free time. I'll even have Yoongi with me the whole night."

"It's not that. Your grandparents hired me to stay by your side and- what if something happens to you and im not there? Mr. Min is a small guy- no offense." He looks at me through the mirror and I shake my head.

"I doubt Mr. Min can protect you from a crowd-"

"Joon." The brunette gives Namjoon a look before Namjoon sighs and turns to fully look at us in the back seat. "You, protect him with all your might. If something happens you call me, Okay?" He looks at me and I nod. "You have my word." He nods and turns around to look at the light. "Taehyung, that goes for you too. Call me if anything happens."