Chapter 9: Mixed Feelings

Taehyung's grandparents jumped up in pure joy, hugging the boy that walked in. "Jungkook, you've gotten so handsome. I remember when you were this small!" His grandmother laughed, hugging Jungkook tightly in her arms. "I missed you so much Grandmother. I had to come visit as soon as I heard you two were back in town. I- Oh i didn't know you had a guest here. If I'd known I would've called in advance."

"Oh don't you worry. This is Taehyung's boyf-"

"Jungkookie!" Taehyung interrupted, picking up the boy in his arms. "Tae- ah!" He smacked him on the arm, asking to be put down.

Jungkook was at a perfect height. Not too tall but not too short from Taehyung. He was definitely much taller than me though but I will no longer dwell on it since it'll form a new insecurity in me. The boy was perfect in every way and had the most beautiful smile you could possibly imagine. From my assumptions, the way Taehyung reacted and based off of Jungkook's features, this guy was Taehyung's crush.

He definitely fit the picture of Taehyung's ideal type.

"Hi, I'm Yoongi." I introduced myself first, holding my hand out and Jungkook happily takes it. "I'm Jungkook."

"Mr. Min, this is Taehyung's childhood friend of thirteen years." Namjoon informs me and I nodded, watching the pair hug again. My stomach churned for some reason but I tried to ignore it.

After dinner, everyone pretty much had their attention on Jungkook the whole time and asking him how he was and what he's been up to. Every now and then Jungkook would ask about me and I would reply with a short answer but he'd return with these odd looks. Taehyung took the seat across from me which was right next to Jungkook and it didn't seem to alert anyone else at the table so I didn't get worked up over it.

Taehyung and his grandparents moved up to the office to discuss some things about the company and Jungkook tagged along as well. Namjoon stayed down to help the maids clean up and I decided to join them. "You okay?" Namjoon asks and I look up at him stacking the plates. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"I just..I see the way you looked at them. Listen, I don't think you have to worry about those two. At first I assumed Taehyung liked Jungkook for a long time but I was so shocked he started dating you."

But he's not dating me and that's the worst part about this. He could blow our cover if Jungook finds out about us or Namjoon finds out we've been lying about our relationship if Taehyung decides to date Jungkook now.

"I'm not worried about them. I think thirteen years is a lot of years to become close and who am I to say anything when I've only known Taehyung for less than three months?"

"Still, you're the one dating Taehyung. It's okay to feel jealous-"

"Jealous? Who? Me? Namjoon, I can assure you I'm not jealous of them." Maybe a little by the fact that they were friends for a long time and I literally had no one anymore.

"Really?"

"Yes, I'm beyond happy that Jungkook arrived. Taehyung has become a little too clingy lately." I lied..well half lied. Taehyung has been acting strange ever since-

"I think both of you have become clingy, considering the fact that I walked in on you two kis-" I violently began coughing, rushing to the kitchen to put the plates in the dishwasher.

-

"It was so nice to meet you two. Taehyung surely has the most caring grandparents in the world." I hugged Taehyung's grandparents while on my way outside where Namjoon was. "We should definitely plan a get together next time!" Jungkook says and I nod, not all too interested to play boyfriend with Taehyung for more than 24 hours. "It was nice meeting you too. We're glad Taehyung has someone like you as his boyf-"

"Bye, Yoongi!" Taehyung interrupts and I give him a look before waving him off and taking my leave. Namjoon opened the car door for me and I step inside the backseat.

3rd person pov.

Jungkook watched as the car drove off before being dragged back inside by Taehyung. His grandparents were already on their way to the kitchen to thank the maids and help with anything they needed to get done.

Taehyung brought Jungkook upstairs, deciding to watch a movie together.

"Tae, why does Joonie drive Yoongi home?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, doesn't Yoongi have his own car? His parents can't pick him up?" Taehyung looked back at Jungkook, giving the boy a confused stare. He didn't know whether this question was rude or Jungkook was just curious. Since he was his best friend and crush since childhood, he decided to go with the latter and believe that Jungkook had good intentions. 

"Yoongi lives kind of far and his parents are working all the time so it's the least I can do for him."

"Oh, well you never really got to tell me who Yoongi was to you. I don't think I've ever seen him before."

"I met him on the first day of school and we instantly clicked and became friends." Taehyung was scrolling through Netflix trying to find a movie that seemed interesting enough for the dark haired boy next to him.

"So you two are just friends?"

Taehyung started becoming more suspicious now that Jungkook kept asking all these questions related to Yoongi. He wondered if this was perhaps jealousy but then, why would Jungkook be jealous?

"Yes, is this movie okay?" He decided to change the subject as he didn't want to keep the conversation going any longer. Jungkook nodded, smiling for a split second and looking at the screen while leaning his head on his best friend's shoulder.

Taehyung was surprised at the sudden skin ship but none the less, rested his head on top on Jungkooks. His heart was beating out of his chest and he had hoped Jungkook couldn't hear it and reveal his feelings for the boy.

On the other hand, Jungkook was quite curious of Yoongi. The guy wore expensive clothes that only Taehyung would wear and you'd most likely find in his closet. He wondered why Yoongi didn't drive himself instead of relying on Namjoon. If Taehyung and Yoongi were just friends then does Yoongi have any ulterior motives? Now don't get him wrong, he believes Taehyung could befriend anyone without them having any intentions but Yoongi seemed quite suspicious. He didn't act like a friend towards Taehyung and his whole character just seems rehearsed. It's not that he didn't like Yoongi, it was the fact that he cared for Taehyung and felt the need to look out for him and to make sure the boy didn't get hurt.

There was also another reason but Jungkook had ignored it for the time being.

A/N: PLEASE DON'T HATE JUNGKOOK LOL. i know this chapter was short but I just wanted to update quick to let you all know that I'm still active. I have to focus a little more on school right now but I'll be back with more updates!