Chapter 23: The Liar And His Lover

Who knew something so small could lead to something very big and dangerous. After the lies I spewed to everyone, it was my fault everything is the way it was. I sat slouched over next to Taehyung who was passed out on a hospital bed. Last night would probably be the most traumatizing thing that has ever happened to me. I've been crying nonstop that my eyes have become puffy and heavy. The heart monitor beeping was the only thing keeping me up right now.

When Yeonjun shot the gun, he shot Taehyung, Jimin and Namjoon. Jimin had been running fast, too fast for Hoseok to catch up with him. He was already at the rooftop when Yeonjun pointed the gun at the door, shooting my best friend. His body fell back, Namjoon catching him and also being shot in his arm. The fourth shot came from Mrs. Kim who shot Yeonjun in return.

From what I've heard, Yeonjun was currently in the same condition that Taehyung was in, but when he wakes he'd be taken into custody. A hand on my shoulder made me jump, looking back at the perpetrator. "Hey, how are you holding up?" The small doe eyed boy gave me a pitying look, seeing as I've been by his boyfriend's side all night. "Oh, I'm sorry." I apologized, shaming myself for taking the place that would never be mine. As I stood up, Jungkook chuckled. "I think you have the wrong idea, Yoongs."

I looked at him confused, stopping in my tracks. "What are you-"

"Taehyung and I aren't together."

Oh.

"But what about his confession to you? I thought.." Jungkook shook his head, explaining everything that went down that day and being quite vague of Taehyung's reasoning of no longer having feelings for his childhood crush. "That, I'll let Taehyung explain when he wakes. Just...please hear him out. He sucks at communicating sometimes and he's a very fragile person even if he seems like a strong person."

A knock at the door broke our conversation and in walked Seokjin, a bruise on his cheek from what happened earlier. Apparently Seokjin had confessed his secret that Yeonjun had held against him. Not that I cared, but I ended up asking Jungkook what it was and it shocked me quite a bit.

Supposedly Seokjin was having an affair with Namjoon's sister, whom was also married to another man that Namjoon seemed to respect and hold so much love for. Not that it was any of my business, but I say Seokjin got what was coming to him. To better clarify, Namjoon slapped the fuck out of Seokjin.

"What do you want?" Jungkook asks annoyed, angry as the chaos that Seokjin caused. "I was just checking up on everyone. Namjoon refuses to rest and really doesn't want to see me right now, but I don't blame him. Your friend just woke up and his boyfriend won't stop crying and asking the doctors to save him." I held back from chuckling at the mental image.

"I'll go check up on Namjoon." Jungkook says, pushing past his elder brother. Seokjin and I were alone now. Well, besides the unconscious Taehyung on the hospital bed.

"I'm sorry for everything I've done. It was wrong of me to ever put you through that no matter what and I understand if you hate me now. What I've done is probably the most shittiest thing anyone could ever do. I won't ask for your forgiveness, but I just wanted to let you know that I love you and hope you get well soon." After hearing no words from me, Seokjin turned away and walked out of the room. I really had nothing to say to him because right now all I could think about was all the of the things that could've happened. Everything that could've happened to Taehyung and Seokjin would just live with regret if something worse happened to Taehyung.

"You'll get wrinkles looking like that." I jumped in my seat, the deep voice bringing me back to reality with tears in my eyes. "Taehyung!" I wrapped my arms around him causing him to groan at the sudden impact. "You idiot!" I lightly punched his chest, carefully avoiding his wound on his side.