Chapter 8: Secret Butterflies

Today was the day.

I was so nervous to the point that I was sweating and clawing the palm of my hands. Taehyung was running around with Namjoon and the maids to prepare everything for Taehyung's grandparents. Everyone didn't look as terrified as I'd imagined them to be but more so excited. "Joon, I want to help!"

"No, you can go sit over there on the couch and let me figure things out."

"I want to help the maids! Oh-" Taehyung ran to one of the maids that were struggling with a box of decorations and he took the box out of her hands before it could fall. She apologized but Taehyung smiled at her and told her to get herself a drink and relax for now.

Namjoon sighed at the sight and turned around to find me. "Oh, Mr Min. Would you help set the table cloth up? You must be nervous." He hands me the table cloth and I sighed. "I'm scared of what they'll think of me. I've never gotten the chance to meet my ex's parents mostly because they didn't accept people like me." Namjoon gives me an apologetic smile and places a hand on my shoulder. "Trust me when I say this." He leans in closer to whisper into my ear.

"They will absolutely love you. They are very open people and they knew Taehyung was a little different than other boys his age but they always treated him the same and gave him the same love as any other grandparent would." That calmed my heart down a bit and even made me smile.

"Joon!" Namjoon rolls his eyes as soon as Taehyung pulled him away. "What? I wasn't flirting with him!"

"Looks like it to me!" He pulled the tall man away and I chuckled at the sight. If what Namjoon said was true then there was nothing for me to worry about. Other than the fact that Taehyung and I aren't really dating and we'll be lying to everyone that we are.

Once the table cloth was on I placed the candles back on the table and helped some of the maids in the kitchen. "Mr. Min?" I turned my head to look at one of the maids who looked really nervous to be speaking to me. I fixed my face because I knew sometimes I looked unapproachable.

"Hm?"

"W-would you like to help bake these cookies?" I happily agreed and measured all the ingredients that needed to be placed in the big bowl. A few hours later we finally got them into the oven and now we wait.

"Thank you so much Mr. Min." She bowed and I smile at her. "It's no problem. Please, call me Yoongi." She smiled and gave me a nod.

"Yoongi!" Taehyung yelled and I stepped out of the kitchen to find Taehyung on top of the stairs. "Come on, we have to get dressed."

I ran upstairs to Taehyung's room and took out the clothes that were hanging in his closet and set them on his bed.

Taehyung then reached his hand out to grab my face. My eyes widened at the sudden contact and confused as to why he was doing this. A smile reached his lips as his thumb swiped over my cheek and the tip of my nose. "You have flour on you."

"I-I was helping the maids bake cookies."

Why the hell am I stuttering? Why does it feel so hot in here?

"Really?" He says excitedly and squeals. "The one with the m&m's right?" I nodded and he throws one of his fists up in the air.

I pushed his hand off me and grab my clothes. "I'm taking a shower." I storm off into his bathroom and lock the door behind me. It was like a routine everytime I was alone with Taehyung these past four weeks. It always got hot in the room, my chest always felt tight and I would sometimes feel like throwing up.

After the shower, I stepped out and dried myself and realized I didn't have underwear. I wrapped the towel around my waist and stepped out to find Taehyung on his bed playing on his phone.