Chapter 15: Fear Of Feelings

3rd person pov.

*hours earlier*

Taehyung looked down at Jungkook, affection and infatuation apparent in his eyes. He was finally able to hold the boy, swaying back and forth as they dance around the campfire. Jungkook was laughing and smiling innocently, not a care in the world at the moment. He did notice Yoongi and Seokjin running off together somewhere and he was quite curious so he waited until the night ended before he would ask Seokjin what that was all about. As the night carried on, the two walked hand in hand along the beach and nothing but the moon witnessing their special moment, or so they thought.

As the clouds began covering the moon's bright light, Taehyung looked down at the boy he was so in love with and decided now would be the perfect time. His heart was filled with so much anticipation that he thought it would burst right then and there. He stops in his tracks, Jungkook suddenly being tugged backwards, taking him by surprise. Taehyung holds the boy in his arms, back hugging him as he felt he wouldn't have the courage he has now if he was looking directly in into his best friends eyes.

Jungkook, obviously confused, turns his head just a little and chuckles. "What's up?"

"I-I have to tell you something." Taehyung's breathing was erratic but nonetheless he still remained in the same position. "Yeah? Well let go of me first." Jungkook smiles, grabbing the boys arms that were around his waist. Taehyung tightens his hold. "No, I- I wont be able to say it if I look at you."

"Okay." Was all Jungkook said before letting his hands rest at his side.

"I..ever since we were kids I've always felt safe with you and..for a while I've had this feeling." Taehyung takes a breath. "What I'm saying is that..I like you, Jungkook. A lot."

Taehyung waited for any kind of negative reaction, assuming Jungkook would be disgusted with him or shame him for confessing his feelings. What he didn't expect was to have a crying Jungkook.

"Kook?" He turns the boy around and Jungkook buries his face into the taller's chest. "What's wrong? Did i say something wrong?" Taehyung blinks, confused and backtracking his words.

"No, no." Jungkook sniffles, "You did nothing wrong."

"Why are you crying?"

"I just..I love you, Taehyung. I love you like a friend and brother. I'm sorry." He apologizes which automatically breaks the other's heart but he still holds the boy in his arms. "I've liked someone else since we were kids and I just can't get over it. I love them too much a-and-"

"It's okay, you don't have to explain."

"No, I need to." Taehyung nods, grabbing the boys hands and they sit in the sand, heads resting on each others. "He's in love with someone else and it's starting to get harder for me to tolerate."

What Taehyung and Jungkook had was something different than what everyone had. Their relationship was based off of communication and expressing themselves. They promised to never hide from each other and suppress their own feelings. In conclusion, Taehyung was crying. Jungkook wiped away the boys tears. "I think...I'm not the one you like." Taehyung looks off into the ocean, a heavy feeling coming over him as those words leave the boys lips.

Then it really did hit him.

He wasn't crying over the fact that he was rejected.

Why was he crying?

"I know there's someone else in your heart and I'm just someone who was a cover up to hide that part of yourself. You don't have to be scared." Taehyung bit down on his bottom lip, not wanting to let those tears fall from his eyes as they built up and blurred his vision. He couldn't believe that the amount of times he's tried so hard to keep those feelings intact only for it to become noticeable for someone to see.