Chapter 20: Pleading Eyes

Yoongi was heavily induced with painkillers which made him so groggy when he woke up in the hospital. His Dad was standing at the foot of the bed with his hands on his hips, speaking to the doctor in a quiet tone. On the right side of Yoongi was Jimin and Hoseok. They whispered to each other, worried expressions clearly evident on their faces. Yoongi mentally smiled at the fact that people were there for him. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't glad his father was by his side this time.

"Oh, Yoongi." Hoseok was the first to notice his best friend finally awake. Everyone else turned their heads to the said boy, a sigh of relief leaving their lungs as soon as they see Yoongi's eyes open. Droopy, but open.

"Hello Mr. Min Yoongi. Can you hear me?" The doctor approaches Yoongi and observes the boy's eyes following him.

"Yeah." Yoongi's voice sounded weak and very deep due to the drugs. All he wanted to do right now is sleep. "I'm Dr. Chae. Yoongi, do you remember what happened? You passed out at school and luckily your friends were there. Can you feel the stitches right now?" Yoongi shook his head, too tired to even speak.

"Okay, on a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your pain, one being no pain at all and ten being the worst you could imagine?" He shakily lifted up his hand to present one finger, signifying that he felt no pain at all. "Excellent. So you still have two broken ribs and because you didn't let them heal, your stitches opened up and your ribs were not properly healing so that's what caused you so much pain. Unfortunately, you will have to be hospitalized for a couple of days so we can keep an eye on your condition."

Yoongi was mentally complaining about having to stay in this chemical scented place with nothing to do. "You hear that? That means you can't go running off again!" Jimin tapped his shoulder and Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Thank you." He told the doctor and the man smiled, taking his things and announcing that dinner will arrive soon.

"Ooh, hospital food." Hoseok teased and Yoongi quietly tells him to shut up. "How long have I been out?"

"One day. You slept for quite a while." His Dad replied, dark rings around his eyes and a hint of a sore throat. Yoongi figured his Dad probably stayed up all night to make sure his son was okay.

His Dad's ringtone went off and as he takes it out of his pocket, he perks up. "It's your Mom." He steps out to answer the call while Hoseok and Jimin update Yoongi on the situation at school. "Those kids who vandalized your desk and tried to pick a fight with you received punishment ." Hoseok happily announces.

"Also, that punishment for the bus incident was dismissed. What happened on the bus?" Jimin asks, curious ever since the principle told Jimin to relay the message. "The same as all those other kids." Yoongi simply answers and uses the remote on the bed to adjust his bed so now he was in a sitting position.

"Careful." Hoseok looked the boy up and down to make sure nothing was out of place. "I'm fine." He carefully adjusts himself before letting out a big sigh. "Hey, you two should buy me an actual meal. I'm not going to eat this unseasoned food they bring me for dinner." Hoseok laughs, clapping his hands like a walrus.

"It's good for you!" He sings and Yoongi flips the boy off. Jimin playfully smacks Hoseok for teasing the patient before dragging his boyfriend out. "We'll get you something delicious!" Jimin says before closing the door behind them.

Yoongi let out a sigh of relief, letting his eyes close for a moment before the door slides open. He didn't bother opening his eyes, assuming it was his Dad. "What did Mom say?" There was no answer and Yoongi opens his eyes to see a familiar figure standing at the foot of the bed.

"Who are you?" Yoongi questions, trying to remember where he's seen this guy before.

"You don't remember me? I'm Yeonjun, Taehyung's family friend." Yoongi nods in realization but nonetheless gives the guy a confused stare. "No offense, but why are you here? Taehyung and I aren't together anymore if that's why you're here."

"I was here to visit a relative when i accidentally heard your name outside so I met your Dad just now and asked if it was you. He seems like a nice guy." Yoongi didn't know why, but he felt a shiver run down his spine at Yeonjun's voice and smile- his overall appearance.

"Well thank you for visiting. I- could you call my Dad in?" The heart monitor exposed Yoongi's racing heart and Yeonjun glances at it, smiling even bigger now. "He looks a little busy right now." A siren suddenly went off, red lights flashing through the room as Yeonjun slowly stalked closer to Yoongi. The injured boy took in a sharp breath, the monitor once again exposing how scared he was right now.

"W-What are you doing? Where's my Dad? Dad!" Yoongi screamed, yanking the needles and other connected tubes off and moving to the other side of the bed, opposite from Yeonjun.

"Your Dad isn't here. Now," Yoongi's whole body began to shake when he noticed Yeonjun reaching for something from his back pocket. He knew all too well what it was and he felt his stomach drop when the gun clicked and was pointed towards him.

"You're gonna shut up and walk with me. Don't even think about shouting for help either." Yoongi blinked, his vision a little blurry and his steps a little unbalanced. The fire alarm had been pulled so everyone was already rushing in the hallway towards the exits.

"Move." Yeonjun demands, pushing the hidden gun against Yoongi's arm. His voice was laced with malice, his eyes dark as if he were some demon groveling from hell. "Don't look at anyone." He once again demands and Yoongi gasps at the feeling of the gun against his skin.

No one looked at them or thought anything of the pair as they were all in a panicked rush. Yoongi was pleading with his eyes for someone to notice him even though he was looking at the ground. His palms were sweating and every step felt like he was about to collapse.

They soon made it to an exit which led them up to the rooftop and Yeonjun forcefully pushed the door open, grabbing Yoongi by his shirt and then shoving him to the ground.

I know this is super short but I just wanted to update. How have you all been? I have so much free time right now which means I have a lot of time to think about where I want this story to go. At first I didn't want it to get this dark since the beginning of the story seemed like a puppy love kind of theme. I guess i should probably add a little more things in the hashtags. Since you guy are reading the unedited version you will probably be the first to witness my mistakes and thought process lol. I love hearing feedback from you guys so please feel free to comment. I like hearing your thoughts on the book and how you're feeling. :) ill be back soon!