Chapter 20

I run up the stairs as I hear screaming and shouting. When I finally reach the top, I can see all the boys gathered around in a circle and I step towards them, as the shouting, sobbing, and harsh pants gets louder. "Let me through! I'm leaving." The unmistakable voice of Avery shouts out, breaking into a sob, when he realizes he's trapped.

"What is going on here?" My voice causes everyone to tense and look over to me. I push Thomas aside gently, to see the tears streaking Avery's face and frown down at him.

"I'm leaving this place and never coming back. Now let me through." Avery tries to barge through us again and at this point I can tell he's starting to feel trapped.

"Hm, why are you leaving then?" I keep my tone neutral to not give anything away, as I slowly walk towards him.

"That's n-none of your b-business." He stutters, trying to back away from my advancements.

"Surely, there must be a reason for this. You caused all this ruckus about leaving and now you won't tell us why." I try to reign in my temper, to not scare him or the other boys.

"Why do you even care? Shouldn't you be whoring around with one of the boys, like you normally do?" He spats, and I see the anger and jealousy burning in his eyes and I chuckle, then begin to laugh head on at his revelation. Avery's jealous. I've always known about his crush, but it's been months since I've seen him and I figured he got over me.

"Aw, you're jealous aren't you?" I grab his face, pulling it closer to mine and rubbing my cheek against his. "Jealousy doesn't suit you, Angel."

"I'm not jealous. Now get off of me." He weakly protests and I laugh softly, my breath fanning against his ear, causing a shiver to run down his spine.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. You know I don't appreciate liars Avery. Come on and admit what you and I both already know." I nip at his ear and he gasps, arching into my touch.

"You were supposed to be mine." He whispers so quietly, I almost missed it. My eyes snap to his and I see the vulnerable expression in them. Pleading with me to understand what he's trying to say.

"Why can't I still be yours hm?" I whisper against the skin of his neck and his breath hitches.

"Because you're theirs, I don't want to be shared without your permission. I've always been yours. Always." He whispers and my heart clenches painfully at the sadness in his voice.

"You really aren't the smartest huh?" I ask Avery and his eyes snap up to mine and look at me questioningly.

"You've been mine since you stepped foot into this house. I gave you time to adjust to here. If I knew you would actually like this then I would've been claimed you." I push his hair back some, my eyes connecting with his.

"Really? You want me to join?" His breath hitches and a small smile tries to make it's way onto my face.

"Of course we do." I tell him and he throws his arms around my neck, tucking his head into my chest and he shudders slightly.

"I thought you'd never ask." I almost missed his quiet whisper and I run my hands along his back.

"You silly boy." I peck the crown of his head and just hold him for awhile.