8

~♡~
"Get up, we're going home" was what Amaryllis heard before she fluttered her eyes open, head pounding and body in pain. She was still taking her sweet time when she was dragged out of the unfamiliar bed and panic arose in her. She began squirming, trying to get free. "Stop thrashing around you'll fall" the grip on her wrist tightened so she relaxed, for the sake of her arm.

What happened after the interrogation from her friends?

Amaryllis was really down so she tried to cheer herself up by dancing but it didn't work. She decided to have liqour, the suggestions she got from Nancy who is a former bartender. She drank one glass and soon it turned into two then many. She went around dancing but her lack of balance caused her to twist her ankle in the shoes she was wearing. Mei, Nancy, Isabella and Hu Li  looked for her since they lost her but she was nowhere to be found so they assumed she went back home so they all texted her to get home safe and drink some hangover soup but Amaryllis was sitting at the dark bar, whining about her friends leaving her behind. She had two more glasses and that was it for her, the bartender refused to serve her again so she tried walking but kept falling and bruising her legs. She wished she was sober because she'd make it home without problems.

Jack, who was around saw his girlfriend lazily sitting on the ground. He practically dragged her to a room and locked her in it, for safety reasons and also took her belongings with him. The man assumed that his girlfriend's friends were around but didn't look for them, taking responsibility for his younger girlfriend.

Now back to the present, Jack dragged Amaryllis to his car and buckled her in. He was annoyed while Amaryllis was tired.
"Babe I have a headache" with a tired voice, Amaryllis spoke up while rubbing her wrist.
"I didn't tell you to get drunk, help your self" he said, irritated by the actions of the woman next to him. Amaryllis huffed, now remembering why she drank and just opted to look outside the window at the disappearing buildings.

The house was dead silent the next few hours, only short words exchanged between the couple. It wasn't because they were having a problem, no, it's just that they were both doing different things. After curing her hangover and taking a much needed shower, Amaryllis prepared for next week's lessons for her two classes. She was always dedicated towards her work regardless of her health status and other factors that would make other people slack off.

At night, she sent Jack away for yet another shift at the bar but she had this feeling of insecurity gnawing at the back of her mind but she pushed it away, opting to put her trust in Jack like how she always did.

Amaryllis trusts easily and that's why people like to take advantage of that. Jack, being one of those people was at the club kissing another, forgetting about the empty promises he made the night prior. He loves his girlfriend but is in the stage of not being content with what he has so he opts to go meet other people during his work hours but tonight didn't go like the usual nights.