40

♡~Amaryllis~♡
"Since you know where everything is, I don't see the need to tell you, yes?"
"Yeah, go on before you get late for work. Go and get that promotion"
"Okay Lyris, don't hesitate to call if you need anything and I think there are some of your clothes in my wardrobe or you can wear mine, goodbye" Lee Mei finally rushed out, running late since she thought it was good idea to bring me breakfast in bed.

I smiled and closed the door behind her and ran my eyes around the house, I'm all alone now. I took my cellphone out and looked at my messages. Jack has sent almost one hundred messages. I turned off my phone, I don't want to reply to him. This week is for my own relaxation and I'm determined to use it well.

-

"Hey Nathaniel" I engulfed him in a hug that lasted for a while before we separated. He looked at my bandaged wrist and his smile faltered a bit.
"I...I just fell" I mumbled, looking at my shoes and Nathaniel put his hand on his chin before lifting my face.
"I didn't ask, just feel better" he kissed my cheek and I blushed. He smiled and we both walked awkwardly towards a table. The air was awkward between us as we stared at each other waiting for our food. I cleared my throat, grasping his attention.

"So how was your vacation?"
"It was nice, one of my friends is expecting his first child with his wife and he looked so happy. We went to different places and even got souvenirs...I got you something" Nathaniel rambled and I smiled, he looked happy when telling me about his getaway.
"Really, just say you went shopping, no one will judge and please do tell me what you got for me" I really wanted to know what it is he got for me, I love gifts.
"I'll give it to you on your birthday" I huffed and loudly drank my tea.
"But that's three months away" I complained and he chuckled.
"Patience is a virtue Miss, it'll build anticipation anyway" I nodded in agreement and we made light chatter as we ate.

For once I felt like a totally different person as I laughed at his story he told me about his friend who got pinched by a crab in his ear. Everything felt light and the brooding tension in me suddenly dissipated into nothing as we both walked along the river, the stars being more prominent as the sun disappeared beyond the horizon. We swung our hands back and forth. The moon was out now, lighting up the dark night.

"You know, the moon is beautiful tonight" Nathaniel abruptly stated and I furioisly blushed.
"It is really, and I know what that saying means. I'm very aware of your feelings for me Nathaniel" I breathed as we stood face to face.
"I wasn't trying to hide them and I know about yours too" he smirked while I smiled at him.
"I tried to hide them" I grabbed his hand and we resumed walking.
"You're an open book but I don't judge and neither am I expecting you to do anything with my feelings since you have a Fiancé but I'm glad you know that I love you" he brushed his thumb at the back of my hand and reminder that I have someone left me feeling unpleasant.
"Yeah..." I just said and the rest of the walk towards the bus stop was quiet. I felt down that he doesn't expect me to reciprocate his feelings or wants to pursue something with me.